Oracle Cloud currently has a leadership role open to support capacity management, expansion deployments and operational support to within the Global Data Center Operations portfolio.
• Manager will work with cross-functional team managers, deployment team, vendor management and external service provider(s) to achieve service and contractual requirements.
• This position is accountable to assure that operational outcomes are achieved and they drive ongoing improvements in service operations and metrics.
• Responsible for support of the IT capacity management plan and on-going capacity analysis.
• Drive alignment across organization on critical inputs and planning parameters resulting in standardized capacity planning model.
• Provide daily supervision and guidance to DC Ops team members to resolve issues within our Production and Lab environments.
• Facilitate and/or lead support and implementation change management activities with Operations.
• Experience in project management for data center operations and migrations.
• Ability to apply independent and sound business judgment to solve complex issues.
• Works independently with minimal supervision required and can lead cross-functional teams to complete projects and major initiatives using judgment, experience, and leadership skills.
• Effective communication skills with all levels of management.
• Effectively manage project scope, timelines, and customer expectations.
• Partner with internal IT operations teams to ensure successful transition from delivery to day two operations.
• Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and international.
• 7 years of experience working in an IT Enterprise organization.
• Must have a strong technical knowledge, which encompasses data center technologies and support.
• Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through other internal and external organizations and individuals.
• Strong leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to learn quickly and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude.
Work with a world class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle technology.
Manages teams supporting and/or implementing multi-functional and/or multi-location projects and/or systems. Defines, documents and manages scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria. Develops and manages an effective risk mitigation strategy for the project(s).
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Successful track record as a manager. Detailed knowledge of technical and business concepts of a number of related applications areas. BA/BS degree preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.