Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IT Director – Business Technology Leader – Finance to be located in New Brunswick, NJ
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
We are thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This individual will be responsible for driving the technological direction of the Finance domain globally and they will be the contact point for Finance domain IT governance. This individual will drive IT strategy for the Finance domain with significant senior executive interactions and influence globally. They will be responsible for developing IT as a competitive advantage and enabler for the business and they should be a passionate change agent.
Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities - Approximate Percentage of Time
- 35% - Collaborates with business partners in the region to define technology strategy that maximizes business value and minimizing time to market
- 20% - Defines priorities for business and associated technology investments leveraging product line organization, effectively manages investments to deliver maximize value
- 5% - Oversees BAs within region and drives collaborations and sharing of best practices. Aligns stakeholders around common measurable goals.
- 10% - Accountable for delivery and operational IT expense
- 10% - Understands core internal IT products and new technologies and approaches to drive business value
- 20% - External client engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or business administration preferred
- 10 years of relevant experience managing/directing IT operations
- 1-2 years leading a line of business and an engineering/product development team
- Deep understanding of business drivers/processes and ability to relate priorities to associated technology investments
- Experience working across multiple levels of an organization
- Knowledge of Information Technology trends (e.g., data, digital)
- Expertise driving adoption to improve IT, business experience
- Previous experience driving technology strategy for a line of business
- Able to synthesize leadership and stakeholder inputs into decisions
- Able to represent customers/users
- Can translate business process needs into IT solutions
- Has ability to work at an abstract level and continuously “pivot” to arrive at the highest impact answer for the customer
- 3-5 years of people management experience
- Strong understanding of product development lifecycle
- Knowledge of healthcare, business theory, management, budgeting and business office operations.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, exceptional service orientation, strong negotiating skills.
- Able to create context around key business drivers and strategic plan, able to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Up to 30% travel may be required
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.