IT Director - Digital Products
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Corporate IT delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana or Indianapolis, IN
for an IT Director - Digital Products.
This role has IT Director Level Leadership responsibility for the building, and maintaining customer facing digital products for Cummins. These products are based on the key technologies like IOT (telematics), Big Data, Complex event processing, streaming analytics, Cloud, web, and Mobile platforms. This role will be responsible to work directly with business leaders in developing quality commercial software products in an agile environment. This role provides comprehensive leadership for application functionality, works with business partners, enterprise architects, info-security architects, technical experts and software vendors on the solution requirements, design, configuration, functionality gap resolution, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of digital products.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Technical Management: Experience leading large highly technical teams of software engineers, responsible to build Cummins team with capabilities and knowledge of software engineering and IOT, Big Data, J2EE, Web, mobile technologies.
- Responsible for delivering quality Commercial Digital Products to the marketplace in a quick and iterative manner while aligning with enterprise services and architecture. This includes understanding of industry standards and integration methods with vehicle networks, communication protocols and standards, usage of Information Security (including industry direction and standards), and mobile platforms/protocols.
- This position will play a key role in selecting and implementing technology in support of developing and maintaining Digital Products and services, to include Big Data, IOT platform, Cloud, Mobile, and Web.
- Responsible for developing and delivering standard Application Program Interfaces (APIs), which are used to interface with existing leading industry telematics providers, using their systems as gateways to capture engine data.
- Responsible for developing and delivering web services, web portals and mobile software.
- Must have experience in using different software development methodologies and been responsible for systems management tooling and automation.
- Must have an understanding and working knowledge of application and infrastructure architecture.
- Must have experience and working knowledge of design patterns and Messaging layer technologies (TIBCO, IBM IIB or Oracle Fusion Middleware)
- Possess knowledge and experience in more than one programming language (e.g. C, C , Java, Assembler)
- This role is a key member of the Connected Solutions IT leadership team, including assisting in the development of vision/strategy, requiring close working relationships with business partners and Enterprise IT functions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Responsible for a significant scope of work within IT and must provide input to development of IT Strategies.
- Responsible for team financial management including AOP, budget management, and forecasting.
- Responsible for team building and development including organization structure, recruiting, global team management.
- Compile and present Management Reports on team performance including metrics, deliverable status Communicate status to senior management - IT and the business.
- Accountable for Six Sigma training, usage and goal attainment for the team.
- Ensure team adherence to all IT processes, policies, and procedures including IT Security.
- Responsible of IT Controls compliance for the team
- Engagement with customers in their respective function or business area.
- Gov ernance/Leadership for all program/projects executed or supported by their teams.
Compensation and Benefits
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.