RSM’s Management Consulting and Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) practice offers clients professional Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) advisory services with buy side due diligence, sell-side due diligence, and working capital assistance. Within TAS, the Management and the Technology practice provides IT advisory services to our clients related to IT due diligence and also works with our clients post-close to assist them in the identification of appropriate resources to assist with technology strategy and implementation projects.
The IT TAS Manager will manage and lead team to deliver IT analysis of US and international businesses for our clients. Additionally, the experienced IT TAS manager will work with our integrated financial, tax and IT transaction advisory services team to lead and deliver IT due diligence projects.
: Manager is able to reside anywhere in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, preferably Chicago. This position requires travel.
- Manage and lead IT due diligence projects related to the acquisitions by private equity firms and strategic corporate buyers.
- Provide management advice to our clients related to IT strategy, business application effectiveness, network infrastructure and IT internal controls to help them assist the IT risks related to potential acquisitions.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of current IT technologies and business software applications and develop IT due diligence work products of the highest quality.
- Lead in the development of IT recommendations and implementation plans, including the identification and estimating of future IT initiatives that may be required following the close of a transaction.
- Work with the National Leader - IT Transaction Advisory Services to build relationships with private equity firms, strategic buyers and portfolio companies to promote RSM's management and technology consulting services.
- Work closely with other regional RSM technology professionals to identify and support the post close technology needs within these clients
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred but not required
- Strong Project Management skills including strategic planning and analysis, methodology, schedule, scope, issue and risk management
- Four to six years of related work experience of providing assessment and/or due diligence services to private equity firms and strategic buyers and managing IT technical consultants in these engagements
- Broad IT expertise including working knowledge of middle market financial and ERP systems, technology infrastructure trends, IT governance/management and IT internal controls
- Experience managing diverse teams, estimating project scope and cost for small initiatives and large project engagements
- Strong organizational, verbal, written and presentation communication in order to interact effectively with internal team members and external clients of the firm, Examples are written (scrubbed for client confidentiality) deliverables will be expected
- Strong problem solving/critical thinking, quality, research and analytical skills
- Strong self-motivation with the ability to work in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment with varying deliverables and changing requirements
- The successful professional will have a strong sense of taking initiative in order to get things done
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and take responsibility for getting the job done in a timely manner
- Demonstrate willingness to put in extra effort (extended work hours, participate in events outside of standard working hours) for client, client deliverables, and business development
- Ability to be a self-starter and to be confident when interacting with clients and asking questions
- "Hands on", action -oriented
- High energy
- Results oriented
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit - desire to manage clients/new business and grow their career
- Possessing the highest levels of professional and personal honestly, integrity and ethics
- The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel at least 50-60% of the time