IT Engineer I (Job Number: 020009)
Corporate Office - 1435 LAKE COOK RD
1435 LAKE COOK RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
System Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining consolidated environment view, and subject matter expertise for all individual testing environments and end-to-end testing eco-system, to provide expertise, guidelines, and coaching.
Performs and implements activities that impact discrete components / processes of the specified functional area of the Technology operation. Work is received in short term assignments that require application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of defined procedures. Job Responsibilities
- Performs and implements daily operational activities that impact discrete components / processes of the Technology engineering work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Participating in improvement and monitoring of deployment operations on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Participating in evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features.
- Participating in development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improving operation and monitoring of standard and advanced features.
- Participating in development of processes and interface requirements.
- Participating in data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes. Prepares accurate documentation and communication to effectively facilitate elimination of problems / roadblocks as they occur and create efficient fixes.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish activities. Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least one year of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar OR High School Diploma/ GED and at least 4 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Knowledge of IT technologies
- Good understanding of software platforms, middleware, databases, connectivity solutions and hardware platform.
- Understanding of enterprise IT Software development life cycle, release processes, and environment usage for complex integrated enterprise applications.
- Understand test environment dependencies for projects/releases and/or end-to-end testing.
- Understanding of Service Virtualization technologies and applied uses in relation to test environments.
- Understanding of application, system architecture and environments configurations.
- DB knowledge
- Professional flowcharts and diagrams software knowledge (Visio, etc.)
- Shell Scripting
- Development/infrastructure experience.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.