Walgreens is looking for DevOps Engineers to join one of the largest initiatives in our company, Pharmacy Renewal. The Walgreens Pharmacy Renewal efforts seek to design and build the largest, most advanced pharmacy infrastructure in the world from the ground up. Empowered to operate as an innovation center, this effort represents one of Walgreens most important programs at both global and local levels. US, UK and Italy based teams will be leveraging the most advanced and exciting technologies to build on Walgreens strategic vision to service the 13,100 plus pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retails stores Worldwide.
To be success in this DevOps Engineers role, an individual will need to be proficient in the following areas:
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Chef or Puppet an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Azure is plus)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Experience with Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Jira, and confluence.
- Experience in using version controller tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT, IBM Clear case UCM and PVCS.
- Experience as a Cloud DevOps Engineer.
- Knowledge on open stack and Docker.
- Experience with monitoring tools Elastic Search, Kibana, Logstash (ELK) and Zabbix
- Extensively used build utilities like Maven, ANT for building of jar, war, bar and ear files.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
- Actively participates in the daily operational activities that impact important components / processes of the of the IT work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Execution of deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing hardware and/or software features.
- Development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improving operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features.
- Development of processes and interface requirements.
- Data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships. Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes. Facilitates elimination of problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Works cross-functionally to accomplish assignments. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
#LI-MM2 Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 6 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with programming languages.
- Knowledge of IT technologies.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.