Performs and implements assignments that impact important /complicated components/processes of the specified functional area of the Technology operation. Work is received in short- and mid-term assignments that are important / complicated undertakings and regularly require the application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of approved methods.Job Responsibilities
- Actively participates in the daily operational activities that impact important components / processes of the of the IT work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Execution of deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing hardware and/or software features.
- Development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improving operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features.
- Development of processes and interface requirements.
- Data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships. Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes. Facilitates elimination of problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Works cross-functionally to accomplish assignments. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 6 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Design, configure and maintain Active Directory and Exchange environments.
- • Work closely with project teams to understand integration points such as LDAP and ADLDS for environments and help provide a smooth implementation.
- • Assist with the troubleshooting of networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems of Active Directory and Exchange.
- • Builds and understands capacity plans to stay ahead of potential bottlenecks
- • Serves as a liaison to other Infrastructure groups. Participates in project work as assigned
- • Mentors and coaches other team members as needed.
- • Creates and maintains documentation for environment
- • 3rd level of escalation for assistance to outsourced staff.
- Strong experience in large multi-domain, multi-forest Active Directory environments with over 10,000 users.
- • Expert level knowledge in Active Directory 2008 RE and 2012 R2
- • Understanding of Active Directory security and best practices for SOX and PCI security.
- • Experience with Exchange architecture and server roles.
- • Deep understanding of mail routing in large complex environments
- • Knowledge of deployment and execution strategies
- • Highly organized and results driven
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server systems (server 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012)
- • Excellent skillset with MS Excel, Word and SharePoint
- • Understanding Trend Antivirus Deep Security, file and print, Shavlik, VMware, GPO, DELL/HP/IBM/Cisco x86 hardware and other current technologies
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.