IT Engineer II (Load Balancer) (Job Number: 019023)
Corporate Office - 2 OVERLOOK PT
2 OVERLOOK PT
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for planning, designing and implementing F5 BIG-IP LTM and GTM within the Walgreens' Enterprise. Responsible for hardware and code upgrades according to F5 Recommendation. Updates patches and proactively monitors for any security vulnerability that may impact the F5 Appliance or the application. Works closely with Walgreens' IT-security to make sure that the services that are running on the F5 BIG-IP platforms are meeting security compliance. Assists in CISCO ACE to F5 LTM migration. Responsible for off hour support, when needed. Participates in the identification, development and implementation of industry standards and security best practices. Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc.). Responsible for planning, forecasting and implementation, and identification of resource requirements for Load Balancing services. Works under general direction. Responsible for evaluating current network systems.
Performs and implements assignments that impact important /complicated components/processes of the specified functional area of the Technology operation. Work is received in short- and mid-term assignments that are important / complicated undertakings and regularly require the application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of approved methods. Job Responsibilities
- Actively participates in the daily operational activities that impact important components / processes of the of the IT work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Execution of deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing hardware and/or software features.
- Development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improving operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features.
- Development of processes and interface requirements.
- Data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships. Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes. Facilitates elimination of problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Works cross-functionally to accomplish assignments. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 6 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience with CISCO ACE Load Balancer and CISCO ACE to F5 LTM migration.
- Experience writing F5 irules.
- Experience with the F5 Traffic Management Operating system, CLI commands , Route Domains
- Experience planning and implementing enterprise monitoring and configuring tools for the F5 platforms such BiG-IQ.
- Experience with Network Analysis Sniffer tools, such as NetScout and Wireshark.
- Experience with BIG-IP Application Security Manager, Advanced Firewall Manager and BIG-IP DNS.
- At least 3 years hands on experience in F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager and Global Traffic Manager
- At least 3 years of experience with F5 BIG-IP Platforms: 3900, 6900 and the Viprions models.
- Experience in network design, planning, and implementing scalable, highly available, mission critical network infrastructures.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.