Additional Location(s) or Information: Research Triangle Park, San Jose, California
Job Category: Information Technology
Level of Experience: Entry Level
Requisition #: S1017667
Who You'll Work With
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you'll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You'll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
Who You Are
Play a crucial role in driving next-gen software innovations including cloud, mobile, desktop or security spaces. You'll build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. Imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
What You'll Do
• Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for enhancements and new products
• Develop software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools
• Determine hardware compatibility and/or influences on hardware design
• Available positions in the areas of: Applications Development, Database Development, Embedded Networking and OS Development, IT, Security, Test & Quality, Web Services
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience in technology
• Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
• Strong knowledge of programming and scripting languages
• Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
• Experience in establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with the extended team
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Languages preferred: Python, Java, R, Linux/UNIX and/or HTML
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
#Cisco #CiscoCareers #IT #Python #Java #Linux #HTML #Routers #Networking, kjame
Job Type: Entry Level
Opportunity Category: *None
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.