An IT Field Technician job in Jackson, MS is available courtesy of Modis Engineering. To be considered for this position you will need an associates degree and three or more years of hands on IT Support experience along with an A+ Certification. In this position you will be servicing hardware warranty and maintenance issues and providing timely delivery and installation of new products. You will further be providing high level in-house and onsite support, repairing, installing, maintaining equipment, and performing upgrades, configurations, and test on equipment. The salary for this position is $16-19 depending on experience.
IT Field Technician job responsibilities include:
- Provide high level of in-house and onsite service for clients by resolving technical problems
- Responsible for repairing, installing, and maintaining equipment and conducting moves/adds/changes to hardware product
- Conduct on-site upgrades, configurations, and testing of client's equipment
- Coordinate service request for the installation/de-installation of new equipment
- Maintain knowledge of new technologies and vendor offerings that are cost effective and optimize client satisfaction
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation of service work performed and ensure timely communication with supervisor concerning service status and potential issues
- Associate's Degree in the field of technology, or equivalent education and/or experience
- A+ Certification required
- Printer troubleshooting experience required
- One to three years of bench and/or on-site service technical experience
- One to three years of customer interface experience
- Solid understanding of technical theory for microcomputers, and corresponding peripheral
- Familiar with and able to support Microsoft Office applications along with Windows OS, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing of desktops and laptops, printer repair, and printing technology
- Familiar with the Network environment and able to resolve basic connectivity issues
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting servers experience
- Understanding of hardware configurations such as Array Controllers, Redundancies, etc.
- Hardware Vendor certifications (Compaq, IBM, HP, etc) preferred
If you are interested in this IT Field Technician job opportunity in Jackson, MS then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis Engineering go to www.modis.com. If you have questions about the position or would like more information please contact John Perkins at 615-514-3501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.