IT Finance Analyst
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Corporate business unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a IT Finance Analyst who can Partner with process owners, business analysts, systems analysts and architects to gather,document and review functional, architecture and technical requirements and define application functional designs .
Thinking beyond your desk includes:
- Provides comprehensive application functionality, configuration and support expertise for application software solutions; works with business analysts, architects, technical experts and software vendors on the solution requirements, design, configuration, functionality gap resolution, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of the applications.
- Analyzes and evaluates application functionality and provides recommendations to increase utilization of standard application functionality to improve business processes and capabilities
- Determines and documents optimum application setup and configuration to meet functional requirements and specifications; configures and verifies application setup and configuration
- Develops expertise in emerging application and solution trends and functionality; provides functional recommendations for assigned applications and systems.
- Conducts analysis of potential application solutions, identifies and recommends solutions to address functionality gaps in the application.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with relevant vendors; works with vendors to improve application functionality and resolve functionality issues
- Partners with process owners, business analysts, systems analysts and architects to gather, document and review functional, architecture and technical requirements and define application functional designs.
- Serves as subject matter expert and point of contact on content, processes, procedures and functionality associated with assigned applications for projects and application support (as needed).
- Creates and manages functional specifications for a given project from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the program, application, or complete solution
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- System Prototyping and Simulation - Able to conduct an early sample, model, or pre-release of a product built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from.
- Requirement Analysis - The ability to understand requirements and trace them back to business goals/objectives. The ability to identify the relationships and interdependencies between requirements. The ability to prioritize requirements based on their relative value, risk, difficulty of implementation, urgency, likelihood of success, regulatory compliance, or other factors.
- System Development Methodologies - Able to apply industry defined development techniques to create or modify IT solutions.
- Solution Assessment & Validation - The ability to understand and assess proposed solutions in order to determine how closely they meet requirements and if they will deliver the desired business outcomes. The ability to understand the organization, and its readiness, to determine what is necessary to transition to the solution.
- Systems Analysis - Ability to apply a technique that composes or decomposes a system into its component pieces for the purpose of the studying how well those component parts that were designed (or purchased) and configured to work and interact holistically to accomplish their purpose.
- Organizational Awareness - Understands and works in line with the organization's mission, operations, structure, and goals; understands informal structures and processes of the organization; understands organization-level implications of his or her day-to-day decisions.
- Relationship Management - Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships); is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required. Our ideal candidate would have these skills and professional experience:
- Provide design leadership to align Oracle Sub Ledgers and Financial transaction within the Oracle ERP to common designed business process across enterprise for an efficient supply chain.
- Provides the solution for capturing finance transactions and analysis of material transactions within the Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning solution. Provides leadership in finance reporting directions and design integrations to our corporate financial system.
- Expert in the Oracle Sub ledger accounting and Reporting, Understand all modules that create a financial transaction both manufacturing and warehousing. Creating education of new capabilities, and alignment of capabilities to our process landscape.
- Innovative with design ideas that can help improve the process and ensure financial controls, able to share ideas with others into to help build credibility and supportability into the solution.
- Analysis of the flow of data of financial data through Oracle and interfaced systems.
- End to End knowledge of Oracle EBS and its modules, understand the financial impacts to various status and movements of product and data. Strong in understanding of Oracle Sub ledger accounting, as well as procurement, receiving, order management and shipping/invoicing modules.
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Benefits. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.