Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. is currently recruiting for an IT Lead, Business Analyst. This position is located in Spring House, PA; Malvern, PA; or Raritan, NJ and requires up to 10% travel.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The IT Lead, Business Analyst will, with solid understanding of Empower Chromatography Data System (CDS), lab instruments and workflows, participate in providing Laboratory Informatics solutions, project coordination, business analysis and CDS application ownership. This person is accountable for managing global CDS and other Informatics solutions and proactively seeks opportunities to enable the research business partners realize the desired business goals by effectively utilizing the IT Informatics solutions.
• Own R&D’s global Empower Chromatography Data System (CDS) and other Informatics platforms. Serves as an expert resource supporting one or more areas, processes, or technologies pertaining to Chromatography solutions and Lab Informatics in general.
• Responsible for product’s regulatory compliance.
• Communicate effectively with business owners and other IT teams.
• Provide support and ownership for other Informatics solutions as needed.
• Accountable and responsible for resolving system issues. Lead product-related activities and oversee engagements led by product support teams.
• Coordinate with team members to map business requirements into technical solution and deliver results, and ensure that applications meet customer requirements and performance standards.
• Work effectively as part of a team.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Ensure solutions are consistent with business objectives or business strategy. Help define Chromatography product strategy in collaboration with business partners.
• Negotiate the needs of multiple research teams and manage expectations.
Knowledge for this role should include:
• Familiarity with Chromatography Data Systems and other commonly used Lab Informatics platforms.
• Good understanding of project management principles
• Ability to comprehend Informatics strategic Initiatives and IT roadmaps
• Good understanding of GxP practices and principles.
• Function independently with limited work direction.
• A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of Lab Informatics work experience OR an advanced degree with a minimum of 1 year of Informatics work experience is required.
• A minimum of 1year of exposure to any CDS is required.
• Excellence in business analysis with the ability to manage day to day work independently is required.
• Ability to manage long-term assignments and self-prioritize daily activities with minimum to no supervision is required.
• Good understanding of GxP practices and principles is required.
• Ability to work in teams in a matrix organization is required.
• Understanding of Informatics platforms in Pharma R&D is preferred
• Experience working with shared services is a plus
• Working knowledge of laboratory processes and laboratory instrumentation is preferred.
• Working knowledge of databases and IT infrastructure is preferred.
• PMP certification is a plus.