Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IT Lead Engineer - Dev Ops to be part of a fast-paced, innovative, and highly visible teams building web and mobile software for our Commercial and R&D lines of business that is enabling the future of healthcare in the Digital World. The position is a leadership role responsible for engineering CI/CD solutions that enable continuous delivery of high quality software solutions across our project portfolio. The position will be located in Providence, Rhode Island.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease, and improve the quality of life of patients and their loved ones.
Johnson & Johnson intends to open its new health technology center in Providence, Rhode Island. The center will specialize in optimizing information technology and data analytics to create software applications that will serve to improve health outcomes. Johnson & Johnson employs approximately 126,900 people worldwide and is the world’s largest healthcare company. The new Health Technology Center will specialize in advanced information technology.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for coordinating / deploying releases of the software.
• Participate in POC's to various new tools for automation, performance monitoring, continuous integration, analytical tools etc.
• Work on automation of the provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general configuration management.
• Manage source code for all software including branch and merge strategy.
• Architect and design continuous delivery process and automation with Jenkins.
• Architect and design environment consistency (Docker, Puppet/Chef/Vagrant)
• Work with project managers, other architects and team leads and come up with the decision for the need of code branches.
• Collaborate as a member of an agile team to get products developed and completed with best in class software development/deployment.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of configuration management experience is required.
• Full lifecycle experience (design through delivery and support) is required.
• Experience in one of the following scripting languages: Perl, Python or PowerShell is required.
• Experience working with code repositories (git/Bitbucket) is required.
• Experience working with automation of configuration management tasks is required.
• Hands on experience working with at least one of tools/applications like JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Gerrit is required.
• Experience using continuous integration build systems like Jenkins, Hudson, etc. is required.
• Software development experience on Linux/Unix/OS-X platform is required.
• Basic understanding of agile development methodologies, for example Scrum is required.
• Big picture orientation with strong attention to detail is required.
• Experience working with tools like Chef/Puppet, Vagrant or Docker is preferred.
• Experience with software build tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle, NPM is preferred.
• Experience building & packaging Mobile applications is preferred.
• Docker Container experience is preferred
• Experience with PHP and Java/J2EE systems deployment is preferred.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.