Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IT Lead Engineer- Application Development Tools and Automation. The position will be based in Raritan, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The IT Lead Engineer- Application Development will lead the enhancement, development and integration of application development tools and automation with the objective of improved software engineering and development capabilities to be used by employees, suppliers and vendors. She/he will identify the industry trends in DevOps, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and the Agile framework to enable lean practices in getting software to customers with quality and speed. The goals will be to reduce complexity enabling IT teams to produce high quality software that meets or exceeds customer expectations with software engineering capabilities that drive automation in the software delivery process.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related discipline is required.
• An advanced degree in Technology, MIS is preferred.
• A minimum 5 years of IT experience in developing software is required.
• A minimum 2 years of developing applications in an Agile environment is preferred.
• Strong experience with Agile and Waterfall software development frameworks/methods including: Scrum, SAFe or DAD, Continuous Integration (CI), Extreme Programming (XP), Kanban, Lean software development, is preferred.
• Strong experience in application development tools enabling DevOps such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket/Stash/Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus, HP ALM, Selenium, Puppet, Chef, etc… is preferred
• Strong experience in Linux is required.
• Strong experience in SQL is preferred.
• Experience leading team as a Scrum Master is preferred.
• Experience as an effective communicator, team builder, and negotiator with strong persuasive skills required to make the abstract clear, negotiate with, develop, influence and lead at all levels within the organization is required.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate strategy and maintain team focus is required.
• Proven ability to be a change agent in a large, global, highly-matrixed environment is also preferred.