Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Janssen), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for IT Lead, Solution Architect to join their R&D Emerging Technologies group. This position is located in Raritan, NJ or Spring House, PA and requires local travel between sites as the business necessitates, in addition to 5% domestic travel.
Janssen discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases & vaccines, and cardiovascular & metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssen.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us.
The R&D Emerging Technologies Product Line Offering (PLO) is part of a broader R&D Innovation Enablement organization that works on leading-edge technology solutions to drive the Janssen R&D business. R&D Emerging Technologies is made up of a group of technical engineers and solution architects engaged in the hands-on delivery of business solutions. Team members typically work directly with business partners in delivering solutions. The team prides itself on being closely involved in all aspects of deployments, including assisting with defining business value propositions and user story collections, designing robust solution architectures and implementing technical solutions. Our mission is to enable our business partners to capitalize on opportunities that could not have been done before through the technologies we deliver.
The IT Lead will be a part of this team, leading projects, assessing technologies and delivering solutions in Research Cloud Engineering & HPC. The IT Lead will closely collaborate with scientific teams across Janssen to develop robust computing environments that will advance the way data analysis is done across the company. This includes partners in Quantitative Sciences (Statistical Modeling, Non-clinical Biostatistics), Epidemiology, Therapeutic Areas, and others. In fulfilling these objectives, the candidate will have the opportunity to partner with Data Sciences, VPCx, and other groups across the IT organization.
The candidate is expected to take ownership of and develop a vision for the solutions and the partnerships they manage. This individual will also have the opportunity to mentor junior employees as well as manage vendor partners.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work with numerous and varied technologies in implementing solutions with our business partners. These technologies include cloud services such as Amazon Web Services’ Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), Relational Database Service (RDS), Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) / Hadoop and Redshift; cluster technologies such as Grid Engine and Condor; software packages such as RStudio, Shiny and NONMEM for modeling & simulation; platform offerings such as Cycle Computing’s CycleCloud; configuration management tools such as Chef; and remote analytics & visualization packages. Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4+ years of industry experience, OR a Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2+ years of industry experience is required.
- Hands on experience with at least one scripting or object oriented programming language such as Ruby, R, or Python is required.
- Must be capable of learning new programming languages and technologies to adequately evaluate them.
- Must have strong ability to build partnerships with other individuals and teams.
- Experience provisioning cloud infrastructure using AWS services such as S3, EC2, and RDS is preferred.
- Experience using Linux terminal commands to install packages and configure software is preferred.
- Familiarity with the RStudio suite and configuration management tools such as Chef is highly valued but not required. Experience working in Agile projects is also highly valued.
- This candidate will be a self-starter, with the ability to both lead projects and apply business acumen to create new opportunities.
- This candidate will have past experience working on cross functional teams.
- This candidate will be able to translate value of projects to the organization. Additionally, this candidate will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This position is located in Raritan, NJ or Spring House, PA and requires local travel between sites as the business necessitates, in addition to 5% domestic travel.
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOther Locations
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Info TechnologyRequisition ID