Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IT Lead
– Service Specialist, Data and Analytics to be part of a fast-paced,
innovative, and highly visible team building data and analytics solutions
across all Johnson & Johnson lines of business. The position can be located
in Somerville, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is
the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care
products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer,
pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to
provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal,
cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the
uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal
The IT Lead – Service Specialist, Data and Analytics will
play a key role in delivery of Johnson & Johnson’s Data and Analytics
portfolio, across multiple services including Big Data Management, Master Data
Management, and Reporting & Analytics. Key responsibilities include lead
roles in overseeing delivery of software design, architecture, requirements
analysis and software engineering.
The Lead should also have experience with data integration,
data warehousing and reporting principles in addition to agile software
development practices including scrum and test/feature driven development.
- Ability to design and manage database and
storage solutions in Amazon ecosystem.
- Ability to deliver data warehousing, big data
and master data management solutions.
- Prepare and deliver regular updates and
communications (verbal and written) to the business and IT Leadership teams,
and extended business partners.
- Understand and define business drivers,
requirements definition, design gap analysis, prototyping, execution and
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and
- Ability to work independently and provide
guidance to junior team members.
- Lead projects of medium to high complexity, and
act as liaison between the various IT organizations to ensure successful
delivery of initiatives to the business partners.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are established
and meet expectations of the business partners.
- Actively participate as core team member for key
- Participate in the business planning activities
by identifying future business demand and ensuring appropriate funding is in
the business plan.
- Provide coaching/guidance to peers, junior team
members, co-ops and/or consultants.
- Consistently demonstrate knowledge seeking and
sharing behaviors across IT organizational boundaries in the performance of
daily work and encourage junior associates to do the same.
- Apply principles, concepts, and practices of the
J&J Leadership Imperatives.
- Ensure that J&J information assets are
appropriately identified and valued, and are protected by complying with and
enforcing all local and worldwide security policies.
- Ensure that security is considered and
emphasized in all IT plans and actions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer
science, IT, business administration, or another rigorous discipline is
- A minimum of 5 years of experience delivering
complex projects, preferably in BI, data & analytics, data warehousing
- Experience with Amazon Web Services ecosystem,
specifically Redshift, RD and S3.
of differences between RDBMS and Columnar databases is preferred.
experience and exposure is required.
reporting tools like Tableau, Spotfire or Qlik is a strong plus.
with ETL tools like Talend, Informatica is a strong plus.
- A demonstrated working knowledge
of core application development principles and J&J SDLC methodology is
- Demonstrated ability to lead
a team and manage work in accordance with full system lifecycle (SDLC) from
concept to production deployment is preferred.
implementing global process/systems is preferred.
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Info TechnologyRequisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.