Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an IT Leader, Global Manufacturing and Lab Operations to join their Global Janssen Supply Chain IT Leadership Team. This position may be located in any of the major Janssen locations including Raritan, NJ; Malvern, PA; Puerto Rico; Beerse, Belgium; Cork, Ireland; Leiden, Netherlands; Latina Italy; Schaffhausen, Switzerland and may require up to 60% domestic and/or international travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Mental Health, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information. Janssen Supply Chain manages the global supply chain operations with multiple internal and external manufacturing operations – with a mission to supply our products to anyone anywhere in the world anytime.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us.
This role is focused on providing end to end IT for global Janssen Supply Chain Manufacturing and Lab operations. The role is a strategic partner for JSC Manufacturing operations to digitize the operations, leverage data & analytics and advanced technologies such as Factory 4.0, IoT to deliver key business value in terms of reliability, quality, productivity, and cost competitiveness of JSC manufacturing operations. The role is responsible for delivering these business capabilities and also ensuring high level of IT reliability and responsiveness in daily operations across 25+ manufacturing and lab locations across the globe as well as the external manufacturing partners.
The IT Leader, Global Lab and Manufacturing Operations will:
• Set a clear vision for leveraging global solutions for all the platforms and be responsible for multi-generation product strategy.
• Maximize ROI by identifying and prioritizing the product features by business value.
• Own the end to end IT operations for all the Platforms (and all the plants & labs), External Manufacturing to ensure that IT services fully support the operations at the platform and associated plants / labs.
• Understand, influence, and shape business needs and priorities for global pharma manufacturing and lab operations
• Drive speed of IT capability deployment in an agile framework – prioritizing with the business on the story points/ epics to be built and which are backlogged based on capacity.
• Accountable to work with our shared services partners to deliver high quality capabilities to our manufacturing and lab operations globally
• Understand development estimates and how levels of effort impact the priority of requirements.
• Track progress of product development in the context of the larger program (scrum master owns day to day burn down charts) with a focus delivering measurable business value in terms of reliability, quality, cycle time, productivity, and cost competitiveness
• Engage with business on the delivery of features, functionality, and applications to ensure maximum value realization
• Ensure standards processes and frameworks are leveraged to deliver programs on the goals and services are delivered per SLA
• “Technology strategist” who spans multiple technology solutions – including defining technology strategy for business partners.
• Manage business expectations and keep business aligned to business requirements, Understand competition and how they use technology.
• Business Transformation leverages latest technologies such as iot, Factory 4.0 to transform manufacturing and lab operations.
• Work with cross sector IT Make leadership to develop strategies that can be leveraged and deployed across all sectors.
• Work in close collaboration with Execution Systems to develop the IT/Automation ecosystem needed for high quality and reliable manufacturing and lab operations.
• Serve as IT representative in cross sector (Pharma, Consumer, and Medical Devices) Make Council to drive IT enabled transformation of Lab and Manufacturing operations across all sectors.
• Enable the strategic transformation of Make technologies.
• Member of global JSC IT Leadership team – responsibilities include definition and implementation of JSC IT strategy in alignment with JJSC, JSC and IT Strategies, deployment of IT enterprise capabilities, People strategies (Talent Recruitment, Retention, Development, Diversity & Inclusion, and Credo culture), Financials (including LRFP, OPEX, CAPEX budgeting, and controls, CAR management), Quality Compliance and Risk Management.
• This individual will need to align stakeholders and development teams around common measurable goals, and continue to entice and engage business into the product development process. They will need to ensure business processes are mapped and leaned before automation and ensure that the full business value is realized by the business through the IT capabilities implemented. This individual should have a strong view of external capabilities in the market and their ability to drive business value.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required.
• Degree focus in Computer Science, Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration is preferred.
• Minimum of 12 years of related experience is required.
• Experience in advanced supply chain and information technologies such as virtual infrastructure, cloud, data & advanced analytics, automation and execution systems is preferred.
• Experience working in a global environment and managing teams across multiple countries is required.
• Experience in providing IT capabilities and high quality & reliable IT services as required to either manufacturing or supply chain operations.
• Manufacturing and Lab IT operations experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of IT trends in Supply Chain / Manufacturing / AUtomation (e.g., internet of things, big data) is required.
• Expertise driving adoption of IT to improve business and supply chain operations is required.
• Ability to synthesize leadership and stakeholder inputs into product decisions for team is preferred.
• Ability to create context around key business drivers and strategic plan, able to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language is required.
• Ability to drive “digitization” of manufacturing and/or supply chain operations is required.
• Experience working in a Shared Services IT Operating model where development and support services are provided by shared services organizations that support multiple functional and organizational units is required.
• Knowledge of business (Supply Chain and/or Healthcare business), Tech-based innovation (Technology Trends, IT Product Expertise), Business & data analytics (Data Management, Data Driven Insights), IT planning & portfolio management (Planning, Program / Project Management) is preferred.
• Deep understanding of business value and IT capabilities, and ability to relate priorities to associated technology investments is required.
• Ability to drive business process improvements is required.