Johnson and Johnson Inc. is a member of the Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics. Johnson and Johnson Inc. markets innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, oral health and women's health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products through our McNeil Consumer Healthcare division.
At Johnson and Johnson Inc. our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living" by providing consumers with some of the most world's most widely used and trusted brands including; JOHNSON'S ® Baby, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® LISTERINE®, BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages, TYLENOL®, REACTINE® , BENYLIN® , NICORETTE®, NICODERM® and many more.
The Consumer Strategic Plan outlines an aggressive growth agenda with very clear Where to Play choices, and How to Win capabilities identified. The New Way of Marketing (NWOM) was established as a core How to Win strategy to make brand building a clear source of competitive advantage, enabling us to achieve scale in our marketing investment and productivity gains by driving consistent multi-region creation and execution of big global ideas across our Mega Brands. As part of that, Digital is firmly rooted as a priority capability that we must advance in order to help make us a world class brand building organization.
The IT Manager, North America Digital Channels is part of the North America regional Digital IT organization within 1GMS IT. An expert in the digital technology ecosystem within J&J Consumer for digital brand marketing and digital product development, he/she is a key interface to business and technology local market, regional and global leadership.
As part of the regional NA 1GMS IT Digital Channels team, this position guides and supports brand marketing, digital strategists, agencies, build partners and business leadership in the successful delivery of digital technology related initiatives. This role also provides the interface for the local market business teams into the NA regional and global 1GMS IT Digital Channels organizations and other IT organizations as necessary.
This role owns the management and alignment of local market demand and requirements into NA regional and global digital processes and roadmaps to build efficiencies, value and scale, measuring, reporting and presenting outcomes and value delivery directly against market and franchise business goals. Additionally, the IT Manager holds responsibility for key strategic programs, compliance, budget and other market-specific needs. This role directly manages PEL professionals.
The incumbent must build strong collaborative partnerships with business leaders and forge alignment across the North America region, including local market, regional business unit and franchise leaders, Regional Marketing Operations (RMO), Marketing Accelerator, Digital Strategy, E-commerce and IT teams (Global Marketing Services IT, Application Services, Product Development, Engineering, Program Management, PMx, GTS and ISRM to shape demand, help identify synergistic opportunities, manage activation pipelines, build capability utilization, provide product development feedback and align/represent local market needs into regional processes and delivery approaches.
The IT Manager, North America Digital Channels will:
• Own shaping, executing and embedding digital technology strategy and operational structures in local market business teams to ensure maximum leverage of global/core capabilities.
• Present regularly to key business and IT leaders to maintain strategic and directional alignment, share roadmaps and outcomes, and solicit feedback for continuous improvement.
• Own and operate a transparent and inclusive digital demand prioritization and governance process within local market business units, in line with regional/global processes.
• Present business demand and perspectives into NA regional steering committee and regional demand management and governance structures to review for convergence and leverage opportunities and drive prioritized demand from markets and NA region to Global level.
• Manage regional activities and initiatives as assigned to support NA regionalization.
• Maintain market-specific digital portfolio, inventories and product/activation roadmaps
• Provide input to the global digital product line owners and global GMS IT digital channels function on new and evolving platform feature requirement in the market and the region to influence product planning activities; defining needs and priorities for key capabilities (i.e. Social, Mobile, E-commerce, CRM, Digital Analytics)
• Lead and direct business and agency partners to ensure appropriate utilization, leverage and investment in internal standards and products. Co-own with DCOE the process of onboarding and educating agencies and brand/business personnel on the digital technical standards to be used on any given project.
• Own the technical discovery process for potential digital projects and provide technical expertise on feasibility of requirements and capabilities of products and technical resources. Accurately scope the needs, definition of business requirements and translate these business requirements into functional and technical specifications. Identify key components and interfaces to meet business objectives based on the technical implementation.
• Be accountable, drive and oversee end-to-end delivery of digital projects of all sizes, including internal and external collaborations, resource management, incident management, vendor management, planning/budgeting, and day-to-day project delivery in partnership with the DCOE and PMx.
• Own support process and operations for market and business teams. Manage run processes and ensure support service levels; lead rollout and education on self-service ticket submission and content updates for brands in market. Work with NA regional staff to shape and improve processes to best benefit the business.
• Manage budget and investments to ensure transparency and predictability. Complete appropriate CAR/PO processes to secure and allocate funding.
• Work as a cohesive part of the NA Digital IT team in contributing to driving the regional Digital technology agenda, strategy and execution.
• Ensure J&J information assets are appropriately identified, valued, and protected by complying with and enforcing all local and global compliance and security policies.
• Bachelor's degree with focus on Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, Digital Marketing or related field is required,
• MBA degree is preferred.
• Extensive related experience (6+ years) working as a digital technology partner across brand or business teams, scoping and managing engagements with major companies or clients and delivering according to requirements, on schedule and within budgets is required.
• Proven business partnering, influencing and collaboration skills working with delivery teams, business partners, agencies and stakeholders, with ability to build relationships across different levels and departments, is required.
• Strong problem solving skills; responsiveness and flexibility with evolving responsibilities and changing environment are required.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (oral and written), including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists is required. Ability to articulate expected outcomes in terms of consumer engagement, ROI, digital efficiency etc. is required.
• Experience in digital managing technical teams (direct or matrixed/project teams); strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skill is required.
• Digital domain expertise with strategic and delivery experience with various digital/web/mobile technologies including responsive design, analytics, SEO/SEM, CMS, campaign management, CRM, social media etc. is required.
• Experience with Drupal is preferred.
• Experience in a process driven environment following sound PMI/PMP, Agile and SDLC methodologies is required.
• Experience in managing internal and external stakeholders and partners on project scope and delivery, based on a high service oriented level, is required.
• Ability to succeed in a matrixed environment is preferred.
• Desire to continually advance personal and team knowledge of digital trends and advances in the industry is preferred.
• Experience within the CPG industry is preferred.