Johnson & Johnson Consumer IT is recruiting for an IT Manager PLO Product Development – Consumer R&D Operating Platform in Information Technology to drive initiatives for the R&D IT organization. This is a position with global focus and will be based in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, as well as leading skin care brands such as AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR®.
The IT Manager PLO Product Development – Consumer R&D Operating Platform will be responsible for delivering strategic and innovative solutions to the business while assisting in managing the overall demand and prioritization. The selected candidate will be an IT Manager, in planning, influencing, shaping & defining the overall IT strategic direction in support of the R&D Operating Platform, including responsibility for CAPRI, Formula Development, Raw Materials, R&D Link, Checkpoint, Engineered Products and Packaging into the R&D operating platform. The Global Product Innovation IT group is focused on providing a centralized, highly responsive, and intuitive interface for all global R&D associates to access applications to drive faster product development cycles. This platform, and its associated applications, leverages key enterprise Integration and DnA technologies like webMethods, TerraCotta, IoT and IMDG.
The candidate will become part of the Global Product Innovation (GPI) organization, responsible for project managing multiple initiatives as well as being a hands-on technical leader with focus on developing and enhancing technical and business partner relationships. The candidate should have strong communication skills (written and presentation).
The successful candidate should possess a working knowledge of the R&D & IT processes. The candidate will be required to provide subject matter expertise working directly with business partners, contractors, and other J&J organizations.
- Partner with the business partners to manage the overall IT demand & continuously manage business partner expectations.
- Prepare and deliver regular updates and communications (verbal and written) to the Business and IT Leadership teams, and extended business partners.
- Understand and define business drivers, requirements definition, design gap analysis, prototyping, execution and deployment activities.
- Conduct research on current / future technologies, processes and best practices, benchmark with other internal J&J companies and external partners, and determine application of new technologies in the Consumer Companies R&D organization.
- Lead projects of high complexity, and act as Liaison between the various IT organizations to ensure successful delivery of initiatives to the business partners.
- Lead efforts to standardize processes and technologies globally.
- Champion the change management efforts of IT initiatives with the business partner community.
- Interface with suppliers and vendors to evaluate software, hardware, or services and make recommendations.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are established and meet expectations of the business partners.
- Perform analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance activities.
- Actively participate as core team member for key business/IT initiatives.
- Participate in the business planning activities by identifying future business demand and ensuring appropriate funding is in the business plan.
- Provide coaching/guidance to peers, junior team members, co-ops and/or consultants.
- Consistently demonstrate knowledge seeking and sharing behaviors across IT organizational boundaries in the performance of daily work and encourage junior associates to do the same.
- Apply principles, concepts, and practices of the J&J Leadership Imperatives.
- Ensure that J&J information assets are appropriately identified and valued, and are protected by complying with and enforcing all local and worldwide security policies.
- Ensure that security is considered and emphasized in all IT plans and actions.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required. Candidates who possess a Master’s degree are preferred.
- People leadership in matrixed org experience is required.
- Experience in agile methodology is strongly preferred.
- Experience in managing matrix-based project teams including internal resources and contractors is required.
- Experience in managing complex global projects / processes / systems is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of IT experience is required.
- Hands-on experience supporting R&D groups is preferred.
- Hands-on disciplined project management skills are required.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following Cloud / SAAS / Mobile models is required.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following webMethods / IMDG / BPM is required.
- Broad understanding of Design Principles (User Interface and Business Process Mapping) is required.
- A demonstrated working knowledge of core application development principles and J&J SDLC methodology is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and manage work in accordance with full system lifecycle (SDLC) from concept to production deployment is preferred.
- Hands-on experience supporting an application portfolio (post-launch) is required.
- Experience implementing global process/systems is preferred.
- Experience with software validation (21 CFR Part 11) in GxP regulated environments is required.
- Up to 20% travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
- Level of supervision needed – minimal as significant interaction and partnering expected.
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Business Relationship Management