We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
As a QA Manager for Service Operations IT, you will be responsible for developing and applying appropriate quality procedures to ensure IT projects and services meet their business requirements. Hire resources, mentor and coach through regular feedback, and lead the team to consistently deliver, but you should also be able to dig in and solve hard technical problems and provide technical mentorship. Recommend and implement an appropriate QA testing framework for current transformational programs; Salesforce and Telecom roadmaps that are underway. You will be responsible for managing critical programs while providing thought leadership and generate key insights that influence business decisions and technology solutions. To succeed in this role, you will have an affinity for Agile software development and developing a culture of collaboration & innovation. Essential functions
- Responsible for leading QA Software Testing discipline for Service Operations department.
- Responsible for employee recruitment, retention and professional growth by defining goals and providing mentorship and guidance for all levels of QA professionals on the team.
- Manage the execution of system, integration, regression and UAT testing for all Service Operations technology platforms/products including Siebel (current state), Salesforce SRM (future state), Telecom. and other external system interfaces.
- Collaborate with product owners to identify product and technical requirements and plan and implement the releases of major functionality.
- Collaborate with technology vendors in acquiring or developing technologies to support testing requirements.
- Lead the creation and implementation of relevant IT quality procedures.
- Understand the products, to develop, design and maintain test/automation architecture and comprehensive test plans.
- Measure test Coverage and Drive test effectiveness.
- Ensure that issues and defects identified during testing are clearly communicated to teams responsible for implementation and resolution.
- Assess and communicate end-user impact and work with business owners and product owners to properly prioritize issues in the backlog.
- Provide frequent communication to the product owners on system status and implementation progress. Escalate any issues that could impact the timeline or strategic vision.
- Evaluate acceptability of proposed solutions and manage the validation of solutions when implemented.
- Lead and manage the release coordination process to optimize release quality and limit customer-facing defects and incidents.
- Lead and manage QA involvement with production incidents and mitigation strategy.
- Lead multiple QA teams, working with QA specialists and testers to ensure quality delivery.
- Contribute to go-no go decisions, collaborating with cross functional teams and senior management.
- Work with cross functional teams to conduct post mortem and root cause analyses when deployments are problematic or result in high severity defects post production.
- Partner with peers and management team to continuously improve testing methods, process, and use of tools.
- Actively review progress and content at every stage in the SDLC; communicate appropriately.
- Ability to escalate issues, concerns and risk mitigation plans with senior managers and QA director as audience.
- Provide appropriate status to QA senior management.
- 10 – 15 years of relevant QA experience in IT is required.
- Four year degree in Math, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience leading the delivery of large Testing programs in a global delivery model (>10 MM USD) across all phases of testing; ability to represent department in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience implementing an effective QA process including a documented strategy, a resource plan, progress communications, severity ranking, and defect management.
- Expert-level knowledge and experience in testing throughout the full application / system life-cycle for web and non-web applications - to include functional, regression, and performance testing.
- Solid technical skills and background as needed to support the oversight of development and management of complex multi-platform testing environments.
- Strong understanding of database driven, web-based enterprise applications.
- Proven ability to optimize smaller, distributed teams and scale them for dynamic growth.
- Prior experience of defining test strategy for large and complex projects.
- Demonstrated experience with evaluating and building out full-scale test and staging environments.
- Understanding of Automation frameworks and test optimization techniques.
- Familiar with software/platform used by the firm, including Siebel CRM, Informatica, SalesForce, JAVA, Web Services and SQL.
- Prior Salesforce SRM and Call center application experience preferred.
- Experience leading QA in an Agile format with whole/dedicated teams is required.
- Experience developing a successful automated testing strategy using multiple tools (UFT, Selenium, JUnit, Soap UI, Jenkins) preferred.
- Experience with an Off Shore testing model preferred.
- Insurance domain knowledge preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving/decision making skills..
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization well as solid facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to evaluate and manage third-party vendors.
- Proven ability to build relationships to execute testing programs with multiple systems, and a diverse set of resources.
- Hands-on project management experience with successful implementation of projects at varying sizes.
- Experience tracking and reporting SLAs and KPIs in a managed services testing engagement.
(Internal title USFG005 -Program Manager III) Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: