Quality Assurance Manager - ITOverview
As a QA Manager of Information Technology at United Airlines, you will be responsible and accountable for day-to-day supervision and direction of QA Engineer related roles within a specific functional area. You’ll directly supervise Software Quality engineering professionals. In this role you’ll have accountability leading QA efforts on multiple projects and/or a large program that consists of multiple testing tracks is a must, you’ll serve as a spokesperson for the QA team. You’ll works closely with senior managers and SME Leadership team to influence technical and architectural aspects of computing platforms.
Expectations of role, does this sound like you? If so, you may be the right Candidate we’re looking for.
- Able to offer creative solutions to solve complex problems such as reacting to technical limitations for test automation, late delivery of QA builds, scope creep, emergency changes, shifting priorities etc.
- Willing to take calculated risks in order to execute test plans on schedule without compromising quality, reliability, stability and operability of software systems.
- Able to adhere to and ensure team members comply with standards set by the Enterprise Quality and Release Management Organization.
- Directs, coordinates and evaluates the work of Quality Assurance team to ensure prompt and accurate services to end users, solves technical, operational challenges and improves systems/network reliability and performance
- Reviews and is responsible for departmental budgets and resource allocations
- Partners with various functional teams across the IT departments to support strategic enterprise vision and design
- Work with Business and product management teams for review of Business Requirements, Technical design documents and develops test plans.
- Communicate project and testing status to internal and external teams works with Release Management for planning and execution of Releases
- Accountable for administrative management of 5 - 6 onsite and 15 to 20 offshore resources, either as direct reports or sourced – HR administration, Salary administration, Time Reporting, etc.
- Provide leadership by ensuring department and individuals goals are met
- Responsible for individual performance assessments and improvement plans
- Responsible for coaching, counseling, assisting employees to develop individual career development and training plans
Understanding of Agile and Waterfall methodologies
Test Life Cycle Management, knowledge of and experience with Test Management Tools such as MS Office, MS MTM, Jira, ALM, TFS
Effective verbal and written communication
Understanding of Test Automation, Release Management, Continuous Integration and Release Automation (DevOps), Basic Project Management skills
5+ years of Quality Assurance experience
2+ years of Test Management experience
1+ years of experience implementing Test Automation strategies to yield higher team productivity
Knowledge of client server architecture, mobile framework and programming languages/methodologies
Understanding of mainframe, server and desk top based technology
Previous airline experience is ideal
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Willing and able to travel as needed for business required (25 % travel to Chicago)
A little about us:
Connecting people. Uniting the world. Every day, we help unite the world by connecting people to the moments that matter most. This shared purpose drives us to be the best airline for our employees, customers and everyone we serve.