Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IT Manager, Regulatory & Facilities Product Line Owner. This is a position with global focus and is based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 265+ Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 126,500 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
JNJ Enterprise Technology Corporate Services is looking for a Product Line Owner for Regulatory & Facilities systems. This role will be responsible for vision and priorities of enhancements to products, platforms, or feature/applications. The role requires close collaboration with key stakeholders across the JNJ organization in the planning, implementation, global deployment of programs and projects.
The role provides program management oversight and accountability for multiple initiatives, driving global strategy development and implementation, and planning, implementing, and supporting a wide variety of business and IT initiatives. The position requires an understanding of policies, procedures regulation requirements and IT platforms / capabilities and operational support. The key focus is on delivering strategic and innovative solutions to the business while assisting in managing the overall demand and prioritization.
The role partners with leaders across Regulatory and Facilities and interacts with IT in shaping global IT capabilities across the Product Line. The role manages external interactions/relationships with key IT application suppliers. The candidate will be required to provide subject matter expertise working directly with business partners, contractors and other J&J organizations.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Sets a clear vision for the product and is responsible for multi-generation product strategy
- Maximizes ROI by identifying and prioritizing the product features by business value
- Define, ensure alignment and execute global strategies and solutions; partner with the business to identify opportunities for using technology as an enabler to improve, automate, simplify business processes and optimize total cost of ownership. Continuously manage business partner expectations.
Business IT interface
- Understand the business’s needs and priorities from the product
- Negotiate with the business to see what items (story points) are built and which are backlogged based on capacity
- Accountable for the development work getting done correctly
- Participate in the business planning activities by identifying future business demand and ensuring appropriate funding is in the business plan.
- Drive business process improvement initiatives and champion the change management efforts of IT initiatives within the business partner community
Business Requirements Analysis
- Partner with the business to understand and define business drivers and requirements of the initiated program(s)/project(s). Ensure design gap analysis and prototyping, test script authoring and execution, and deployment activities as needed.
- Develops acceptance criteria
- Understands development estimates and how levels of effort impact the priority of requirements
- Tracks progress of all product development in the context of the larger program (scrum master owns day to day burn down charts)
- Prepare and deliver regular updates and communications (verbal and written) to the Business and IT Leadership teams, and extended business partners.
- Has a combination of global and regional accountability depending on product line scope
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are established and meet expectations of the business partners.
- Function as a team leader for technical application owners of existing technologies and applications that support this function and ensure business partners are aware of new and emerging technologies in space.
- Lead global projects of medium to large complexity, and act as Liaison between the various IT organizations to ensure successful delivery of initiatives to the business partners.
- Provide coaching/guidance to peers, junior team members, co-ops and/or consultants.
- Consistently demonstrate knowledge seeking and sharing behaviors across IT organizational boundaries in the performance of daily work and encourage junior associates to do the same.
- Apply principles, concepts, and practices of the J&J Leadership Imperatives.
- Interface with suppliers and vendors to evaluate software, hardware, or services and make recommendations. Partnering with Vendors to ensure compliance with J&J standards, policies and procedures
- Ensure that J&J information assets are appropriately identified and valued, and are protected by complying with and enforcing all local and worldwide security policies.
- Ensure that security is considered and emphasized in all IT plans and actions
- Business unit users
- Application developers and testers, architects
- Scrum master/project manager
- Business analyst
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required. Candidates who possess a Master’s degree are preferred.
- Experience in agile methodology is strongly preferred.
- Experience in managing matrix-based project teams including internal resources and contractors, is required.
- Experience in program managing complex global projects / processes / systems is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of IT experience is required.
- Hands-on disciplined project management skills are preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and manage work in accordance with full system lifecycle (SDLC) from concept to production deployment is required
- Hands-on experience supporting an application portfolio (post-launch) including continuous improvement and managing total cost of ownership is preferred.
- Minimal level of supervision needed as significant interaction and partnering expected.
- Proficiency in explaining technologies effectively to customers, communicating technical concepts in non-technical terms and transferring technical knowledge enterprise clients
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with strong teamwork abilities and customer service skills is required.
- Extreme focus, attention to detail and delivering high-quality solutions
- Prior experience in supporting global operations and following Enterprise level process frameworks.
- Up to 10% travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function