Capital Regional Medical Center
is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER , Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER . We also offer a Bariatric Center , Behavioral Health Center , Cancer Center , Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center , Family Center , Heart & Vascular Center , Orthopedic Center , Physical Therapy Services , Stroke Center, Surgical Services , Wound Healing Center , Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices , and more. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Facility Informatics Pharmacist shall carry out duties assigned by the Director of Pharmacy and departmental policy and procedures. The Pharmacy Informatics Specialist shall be responsible for maintaining, testing and updating Meditech dictionaries and functionality related to the pharmacy module, ePOM, eMAR CPOE,and other Meditech modules that interact with medication ordering, dispensing and/or administration. The Facility Informatics Pharmacist will act as a liaison between the pharmacy department and the clinical informatics group and will participate in implementation/roll-out of new Meditech functionality as required. The Facility Informatics Pharmacist will be the primary pharmacy resource for the implementation and training of physicians and other healthcare providers in utilization of CPOE,ePOM and eMAR. The Facility Informatics Pharmacist will interact closely with both corporate and division personnel in the evaluation and design of new software functionality. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- PC Skills - experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and pharmacy information systems required.
- Basic Skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
- Tactical execution - Able to develop policies and procedures for pharmaceutical services and has the ability to solve problems using analytical thinking is preferred.
- Project management - Able to assess work activities
- Graduate of an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS Pharmacy degree required
- Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of Florida required
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience required
- Experience with state and federal and regulatory requirements preferred
- Advanced computer skills, proficient in the use of graphic programs, word processing, spreadsheet manipulation and database programs required
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D