is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Facility Informatics Pharmacist shall carry out duties assigned by the Director of Pharmacy and departmental policy and procedures. The Pharmacy Informatics Specialist shall be responsible for maintaining, testing and updating Meditech dictionaries and functionality related to the pharmacy module, ePOM, eMAR CPOE,and other Meditech modules that interact with medication ordering, dispensing and/or administration. The Facility Informatics Pharmacist will act as a liaison between the pharmacy department and the clinical informatics group and will participate in implementation/roll-out of new Meditech functionality as required. The Facility Informatics Pharmacist will be the primary pharmacy resource for the implementation and training of physicians and other healthcare providers in utilization of CPOE,ePOM and eMAR. The Facility Informatics Pharmacist will interact closely with both corporate and division personnel in the evaluation and design of new software functionality. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates with Corporate, Division, and other HCA facilities in the design and update of Meditech Dictionaries relating to pharmacy, CPOE, ePOM and eMAR setup.
- Consistently involves Corporate, Division and/or other HCA facilities when updating or designing Meditech Dictionaries in regards to ePOM,CPOE and eMAR setup. Gathers additional input from other experienced Pharmacists to assist in the Dictionary build.
- Maintains Pharmacy Dictionaries including adding new drugs to the Drug Dictionary and Gold Standard Formulary Charge Master Maintenance.
- Analysis of requests for development or change, assessing the feasibility, functionality and impact on the data base.
- Is able to develop and implement various system upgrades concurrently.
- Reviews and analyzes reports and information looking to enhance system performance.
- Aggregates, prepares and presents routine Pharmacy data to team members, administration and regulatory agencies as necessary.
- Provides orientation, training and continuous support to all staff as it pertains to the clinical system.
- Presents information in logical, professional and appropriate manner. Presentation tools are current, applicable and clear.
- Designs and develops system documentation tools. Assists in the performance of system testing with updates/upgrades in coordination with Corporate and Division testing.
- Documents all changes and Dictionary builds with specific instructions for replication. Disseminates information regarding changes to the system to the appropriate end-users.
- Identifies issues, investigates system issues to complete resolution and reports issues to the appropriate source with adequate follow up.
- Proactively monitors the medication ordering process for errors and system malfunctions. Upon identification of system issues, is able to investigate the issue to resolution to the point of cause and then report the cause to the appropriate source.
- Effectively educates physicians and other healthcare providers on ePOM and CPOE use and evaluates competency accurately prior to solo use.
• Graduate of an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS Pharmacy degree EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 3 years clinical experience.
• Experience with state and federal and regulatory requirements preferred.
• Advanced computer skills, proficient in the use of graphic programs, word processing, spreadsheet manipulation and database programs CERTIFICATE/LICENSE
• Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of Florida
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom