Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: The IT Program Director - PMO will direct and oversee the IT Program Management Office in the Consumer Technology group to ensure IT programs and projects meet organization goals and requirements. Develops and implements processes and policies, develops and directs project management team, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs, in alignment with Aramark's strategic initiatives. Provides leadership for project managers by managing, coordinating, and developing staff of Aramark and third party project managers.
Operates with significant independence and minimal supervision as the principal project representative. Will meet regularly with senior management and with other top executives. Must work cooperatively with business unit repersentatives, Aramark IT internal technical leadership teams such as Point of Sale, Infrastructure, Enterprise Sytems, and Business Intelligence, external vendors, and other departments within Aramark such as Global Operational Excellence, Finance, Strategy, Human Resources and the business sectors
The Program Director is responsible for providing day-to-day leadership a team of project managers. Plans, assigns and evaluates the work of subordinates for effective operation and results. Development of PMO team through the identification and development of top talent to create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, continual learning and development of key personnel for future advancement.
- Manages all aspects of the Project Life Cycle, from Initiation and Planning, to Execution and Closure.
- Manages moderate to large sized projects, including those involving multiple technologies, significant operational or implementation risks, complex business functionality, and broad implications for the business and/or the IT architecture.
- Responsible for oversight of project budgets, timelines, dependencies, and resource allocations.
- Communicates out consistent project portfolio status reports to all project stakeholders, including Aramark executive teams and IT leadership.
- Recognized as a leader in technology project management and previous experience working in a Project Management Office
- Experienced with deployment of applications in a multi-function, multi-discipline environment, across a large geographic area.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of technology project management best practices, serving as a resource to others. Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of leading edge technologies and plans for the future of a technology and/or applications area.
- Evaluates the applicability of leading edge technologies and uses this information to significantly influence future IT and/or business strategy.
- Brings technical and/or business systems knowledge from external sources and incorporates those ideas into IT project management processes and techniques.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the changing business needs for the organziation and the impact these changes have on the impacts business segments and/or functions.
- Advises internal and external clients on business problems, formulates options, including assessing their relative merits and risks, and works with clients to determine the best solution.
- Builds and maintains up-to-date knowledge about Aramark's processes, strategies, and industry trends to assess impact on project management function.
- Typically requires between 7 to 10 (or more) years of progressively responsible related work experience.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience. Advanced degree desirable.
- PMP certification is desirable but not required
- Extensive experience managing large scale technology projects, working with both internally develped and vendor packaged solutions
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time as required to insure successful oversight of active projects
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.