Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. "Program Management Senior Advisor" Role Description Background
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
We are currently seeking a Program Management Senior Advisor
to join our team based in the beautiful suburbs of Austin, TX.
The Program Management Senior Advisor
will join Dell's Security & Resiliency PMO, reporting to the leader of the PMO team, with the responsibility to support the management of Dell's Global Security Project Portfolio. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and fast-moving, with the ability to independently lead projects in addition to being responsible for the program management of selected parts of the portfolio. Key Responsibilities
- Drive the development and execution of program/project plans by working with project teams to define, sequence, and estimate duration of activities and determine schedules to meet project objectives.
- Ensure consistency and adherence to Dell standards, processes, and policies for all programs/projects.
- Manage all aspects of program/project execution including: chartering, scope definition, requirements gathering, project planning, change control, risk management and reporting.
- Facilitate and manage resource planning, cost estimation, budget development, and cost control.
- Manage the identification, resolution and escalation of program/project risks and issues.
- Track program/project budget and resource utilization against plan
- Plan and execute program/project communications ensuring timely and accurate distribution of information, documentation, and issue resolution to all appropriate team members.
- May be responsible for multiple Project Managers dedicated to a common program/project or fewer large/highly complex customer Projects/Deliverables.
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6+ years with a Master's degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Qualifications required - 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2+ years' experience required working as a PM in an enterprise Cybersecurity organization.
- PMP certified desirable.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing and shifting priorities
- Ability to engage executive level stakeholders on complex matters in a substantive manner with little to no oversight and limited guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ensures rigorous attention to detail in all work activities and products
- Results-driven and accountability-minded
- Prior experience with staff management activities
- Prior experience in leading high value, complex IT/Cyber programs and projects
Job Family: Information Technology
Job ID: R20000