IT Program Manager (Job Number: 024048)
Corporate Office - 1435 LAKE COOK RD
1435 LAKE COOK RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for managing highly complex or enterprise-wide IT Programs consisting of multiple projects. Develops program strategy, supporting business case and various enterprise wide high-level project plans. Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the IT project portfolio on time, within budget and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
Responsible for managing IC+ Stabilization program using Waterfall methodology.
Provide management and strategic direction to cross-functional program teams. Proactively work with project teams to identify project dependencies, risks and issues. Effectively monitors, measures, and communicates project status to project stakeholders and executives. Responsible for managing and mentoring Project Managers. Job Responsibilities
- Manages multi-million dollar IT Programs that consist of multiple, high-profile and complex projects that span multiple fiscal years, several business units and carry significant enterprise-wide impact.
- Ensures integration of large/complex projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as necessary, based upon the needs of the business.
- Communicates with IT leadership and senior business leadership to communicate program strategy, direction and changes.
- Partners with senior leadership of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Maintains the efficiency of the project management process such as planning, scheduling, and budget and risk assessment. Identifies and mitigates potential risks.
- Manages teams of multiple project managers, project leaders and/or support staff as direct or dotted line reports. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the IT Project Management office. Creates a structure/environment in which team members can work together as an efficient team.
- Monitors, measures and reports on project status to IT leadership and senior business leadership. Accountable to Steering Committee and Operating Committee for enterprise/strategic goals, including but not limited to, efficiency and functionality of all IT Project completions, timeline adherence, budget and resource management.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 10 years of experience in IT business or industry.
- PMP Certification as granted by the Project Management Institute or attainment thereof within a year of assuming the position.
- At least 5 years of IT Project Management experience.
- At least 7 years of experience developing project plans including a project plan that includes the charter, scope, project management approach, management plans, statement of work, cost estimates, schedule.
- At least 7 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.
- Experience in managing a project budget of more than $5 million to plan.
- Knowledge of project management best practices, including knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience Identifying and mediating risk.
- Experience in the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in IT/CS
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Project (for example: reorganizing large or complex projects into master and subprojects, optimizing resource assignments across projects, tracking schedules for completeness and/or budget on complex, connecting project managers, teams and data across the organization).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
- Experience managing complex strategic programs (>$5M) in the Waterfall methodology.
- Experience managing the entire life cycle of application development programs, including infrastructure deliverables.
- Technical background is a major plus. Knowledge and experience with Agile methodology.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.