IT PROJECT COORDINATOR
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Posted: December 10, 2016
Reference ID: 1467384066
An IT Project Coordinator position is available in Washington, DC courtesy of Adecco Engineering & Technology. You will be responsible for all activities that need to occur to upgrade a site with respect to Telecom, migrating user/server data and upgrading user devices. He/She will manage site communications, develop/maintain timelines, identify contacts and work with business, telecom vendors and IT project staff. Project Coordinator is also responsible for providing status updates to the PMO and coordinating across multiple teams.
• Responsible for the coordination and scheduling of tasks required for technology (network, servers and personal devices ) upgrades at multiple sites at one time.
• Responsible in handling all the communications between different vendors, IT teams and others for each of the assigned project sites.
• Responsible for managing multiple mini projects (sites) at one time.
• Lead assessment activities and data validation efforts done by vendors
• Responsible for managing work across multiple stakeholders including IT and business management and leadership.
• Responsible for prioritizing tasks/deliverables, enforcing timelines, communicating status and delivering on-time, on-budget with optimal quality.
• Able to clearly communicate and lead groups of technical and non-technical team members to set schedules and align resources.
• Able to translate basic telecom technologies into laymen's terms for business folks to understand
• Highly self-motivated and focused to complete tasks required without management oversight; essentially, needs to be able to get things done without waiting for someone else to do it
• Interface with 3rd party solutions providers on several key projects to ensure delivery of a quality solution.
• Provide regular status reports to PMO leadership and key stakeholders while assisting in strengthening the business relationship management and portfolio management processes to ensure there is a clear understanding of business demands, new programs, projects and initiatives.
• Ensure that standards and best practices are understood and followed while providing recommendations to IT Management on ways to improve processes and service levels.
• Responsible for the implementing project management principals and follow the American Red Cross PMLC process as defined by the PMO.
• Participate and lead meetings with Business representatives and internal IT groups gathering requirements, secure consensus and building site schedule and deliverables.
• Interface with other Progam Managers to synchronize efforts and to understand site level updates to scope, issues, risks, progress, changes and budget impacts.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
Knowledge/ Skills Areas
• Basic Telecom Knowledge
• Project/Program Management
• Systems Development Life Cycle
• Systems Integration
• Data/Content Management
• Technology Awareness
• Process Excellence Core Competencies
• Strong communication skills
• Business Acumen
• Results and Performance Driven
• Sense of Urgency
• Prudent Risk-taking
• Attention to Detail
• Communicates Proactively
• Self -Starter
• The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5- 10 years of directly related experience in progressively responsible positions in information technology within a medium to large and complex organization
• Knowledge in all aspects of the project management life cycle and with the application of quality assurance, change management and other disciplines/processes related to the support of information technology applications and software products.
Specific qualifications include:
• Experience implementing Telecom and Infrastructure projects
• Proficiency in Project Management methodology.
• Experience as a Project Coordinator supporting and implementing highly scalable and high performance information technology applications and solutions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology Certification, or equivalent work experience.
If you are interested please APPLY NOW and send your resume in word format to Kenneth.email@example.com