The IT Project Manager will be responsible for the execution of Personal Lines Small Invest Projects. This leader will manage several moderate to complex projects of $50K to $500K. Overall accountability will be approximately $1.5M annual investment.
This role is responsible for establishing and maintaining the "IT to business" relationship and offers the opportunity to have significant impact on our successful project delivery. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, results oriented individual with strong analytical and communication skills.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
• Team Leadership - supervising, planning, and managing several small invest project teams consisting of multiple impacted IT Applications and Interfaces
• Project Management - creates and executes project work plans and timelines and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Ensures documents and deliverables are complete, current and stored appropriately.
• Resource Management - work closely with key stakeholders and cross functional teams, including business teams, systems architecture, analysis, development, testing, and program management. Identifies resources needed to complete projects on schedule. Project teams will include onshore and offshore team members across multiple vendors and disciplines.
• Delivery Management - including Project Plan, Execution, Management of Risks and Issues, Change Management. Resolves and /or escalates issues in a timely manner. Manages day to day operational aspects of project and scope.
• Communication - provide transparency for project execution through communication best practices. Project leaders should track and communicate project status, milestones and risks at all levels of stakeholders including team members, IT and Business leadership
• Financial Management - Manage projects to achieve financial guidance and budget as aligned to Hartford financial standards
• Results Management - Ensure that project solutions align to defined business outcomes and use influence to ensure execution meets long term benefits and objectives. Ensure appropriate operational readiness and production transition planning occurs to provide an effective transition into production.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 3 or more years of diverse experience in multiple areas of project management, technology, leadership, insurance/financial management, business analysis, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• At least 3 years of experience managing projects/programs from conception to successful implementation. Requires solid project management skills, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
• Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff.
• Proficient in Microsoft office products - PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio and Microsoft Project
• Personal Lines Insurance experience is a preferred
• Ability to create open and positive environment conducive to freely sharing information and ideas
• Hands-on and results-oriented approach
Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
• Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
• Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
• Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
• Customer Driven- Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
• Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD