Oracle Applications Labs (OAL) is a global organization within Oracle. OAL runs the applications that run Oracle. Within OAL the Program Management team manages the strategic, cross functional initiatives as well as develops standard best practices that can be implemented across the organization.
The IT Project Manager 4, OAL will be responsible for driving projects and programs to successful completion. Responsibilities:
- Drives cross-functional execution of projects, across all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Leads execution of multiple projects or manages an entire program.
- Coordinates activities across functions and groups in compliance to the project lifecycle.
- Creates, optimizes, and drives plans using the OAL Project Lifecycle methodology.
- Effectively adapts and modifies plans based on changing data or conditions.
- Ensures that projects track to schedule and scope.
- Learns from project retrospective and applies the learning for future projects.
- Aligns project teams with the business' objectives and understands the inter-dependencies across cross-functional teams.
- Frames communication and discussions for the intended audience, with appropriate context and line of sight.
- BS/BA degree required; MS/MIS or MBA is a plus
- PMI PMP, CSM or similar certification/training is a plus
- 6-10 years of overall technology implementation experience with a minimum of 3 years in a project management or development leadership capacity.
- Proven success with consistently delivering cross-functional, technology projects (product or IT) for large technology companies.
- Strong understanding and implementation experience of Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with working in a global project team
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- A learning mindset with willingness to try new approaches, innovate, and improve
- Technical background is a plus
- Experience with Oracle ERP applications and/or contract/subscription management applications is a plus
- Microsoft Office (MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Atlassian JIRA/Confluence
- Bug management applications
Coordinates all aspects of internal information system-specific projects from initiation to delivery. Projects often involve network, server, or software implementation and upgrades, PC deployment and the like.
Coordinates work performed by IT staff and internal customers/partners by defining project specifications, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments. Develops detailed project plans and manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of project management, product design or related experience needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.