-LOCAL Indianapolis, IN Candidates Only-Must be able to go DIRECT with client (W2 only)-This is a more proactive posting on behalf of all of our clients-
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Organizes and facilitates project planning, stand-up meetings, sprint and release planning, and other agile development related activities.
- Assists project teams with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Participates proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
- Maintains relevant metrics to show management how Development Teams are progressing.
- Works to remove any impediments that are preventing forward movement on projects.
- Work as part of the IT management team.
- Manage scope, cost, schedule and deliverables, apply techniques for planning, tracking, change control and risk management.
- Create, track and report on technical project time-lines throughout the system development life cycle.
- Track change requests, work with internal project resources in all departments to obtain required estimates and approvals.
- Monitor and manage efforts of cross-functional project teams product management, engineering, QA, system analysts, data analytics, software quality analysts, technical support
- Possession of an undergraduate degree in business or engineering fields.
- Possession of a graduate degree is a plus.
- Consumer web industry experience strongly preferred.
- 3 years experience as a project manager or development manager for a consumer web technology organization.
- PMI and PMP certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience in agile development process, web based software products and quick release cycles.
- Knowledge of software development and project management processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc) with technical and non-technical staff, 3rd party contractors and with customers/prospects in a professional manner.
- Ability to organize information and have attention to detail and accurately follow procedures.
- Skills in coordinating activities, active listening, and monitoring performance of the teams.
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritization.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.