At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Pretty much, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
We are seeking an IT Project Manager for our software platform and core services. This includes defining requirements, program management, application selection and build of custom applications, user/customer interaction, process and software improvement and leading a team of software engineers and business analysts. The Project Manager will work with a group of software architects and developers to build the platform and core services that our user facing applications are built on. This extends from working on existing software products to developing new software products for the company. You will help build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
You'll make a difference by...
- Managing the entire software product life cycle for our software stack, our platform architecture, and our core services
- Specifying requirements for current and future software products by conducting research supported by ongoing collaboration with the architecture team and the rest of our software development organization.
- Driving a solution set across software development teams
- Developing and implementing launch and rollout plans, working with all IT organizations to execute
- Analyzing potential partner relationships
- Spend time in the market to understand the processes, problems and opportunities, and find innovative solutions for software development problems
You'll do that with your...
- Knowledge of software development, technology, and systems
- Ability to lead a team of business analysts and software developers.
- Strong understanding of program management and delivery, and a willingness to learn the solar industry.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with web service architectures and delivery models.
- Unique blend of business and technical savvy; a bigpicture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Software product/project management experience preferred
- Computer Science degree or work related experience required
- 6+ Years of software project management experience
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.