IT Project Manager - Round Rock, TX
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 160012JR
*IT Project Manager - Round Rock, TX*
This position details a ProDeploy Project Manager - the front-line person for the successful definition and delivery of Dell Enterprise Deployments (RIS, RCS, EIS,CIS& EDT-standard). They define and oversee a project’s success criteria, customer interactions, processes, schedules, resources, and deliverables. They are adept at coordinating project contributors across functions, such as pre-sales support, and delivery. Individuals in this role will be responsible for multiple projects simultaneously.
Daily responsibilities include coordinating both internally (with sales), technical engineers, solution architects and externally with customers and 3rd party delivery providers via phone and e-mail to establish service expectations, and coordinate delivery while maintaining excellent customer experience.
A successful Project Manager demonstrates excellent personal management skills such as effectively setting priorities, employing strong personal initiative, thriving in a self-directed environment, willingly and efficiently employing the help of others, and managing multi-tasking effectively.
- Manage multiple projects at different stages of completion
- Contact customers (via telephone and email) to coordinate installation services within 24 hours of project assignment
- Comprehend the installation Statement of Service sold and articulate the service project to the customer
- Ensure accurate project documentation is recorded and timely communication/updates provided to all relevant stakeholders
- Conduct periodic follow ups (internally and externally) to ensure project is on track and conduct post-project evaluations
- Works with Sales to increase Dell footprint within customer
- Provide excellent customer experience
- Field inquiries from internal and external customers regarding project status or project escalations
- Gain knowledge of Dell’s hardware and installation offers
- Learn and manage technical solution (compute, storage, network, and software) requirements in the construction and ongoing delivery of engagements
- Use of Dell systems, tools and applications to coordinate and schedule appointments
- Define and negotiate project success criteria including technical domains
- Undergraduate degree and 4 years, or Graduate degree and 2 years of relevant experience
* - *Proficient with MS Excel and Outlook, and possess the ability to learn additional software programs
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent at reaching goals with ambiguous direction
- Ability to successfully reach project objectives and milestones while remaining within budget constraints
- Ability to multi-task and handle a large workload efficiently
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English (verbally and written) effectively facilitating communication among team members with varied cultures, backgrounds, and areas of expertise
* *- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Ability to think independently and apply effective problem solving skills
- Ability to provide management with clear and concise performance update
- 2 years of experience in technical project management, including at least 1 year in the deployment of infrastructure projects for medium-to-large size enterprise data centers
- Familiarity with professional services software delivery and deployment processes
- CAPM cert and/or working towards PMP or PRINCE2
- Solid capability in the PMI PMBOK knowledge areas
*Company Description *
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:* Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Information Technology - Project Management*
**Organization:** **Information Technology*
**Title:** *IT Project Manager - Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *160012JR*