HIPAA Privacy & Compliance Specialist Job Description
Under HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of
1996) every practice or healthcare organization must designate a privacy officer. The privacy officer may have other titles and duties in addition to his/her privacy officer designation in a typical practice or organizational setting. In terms of HIPAA compliance, the privacy officer shall oversee all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation and maintenance of the practice/organization's privacy policies in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
• Assists in the identification, implementation and maintenance of the HIPAA Compliance Training.
• Performs ongoing compliance monitoring activities.
• Works with legal counsel and his/her immediate supervisor to ensure the
practice/organization has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consent & authorization forms, information notices and materials reflecting current organization and legal practices and requirements.
• Oversees, directs, delivers, or ensures delivery of privacy compliance training and orientation to all employees, volunteers, internal stakeholders and applicable business associates.
• Participates in the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance monitoring of all business associate agreements to ensure that all privacy concerns, requirements and responsibilities are addressed.
• Ensures compliance with privacy practices and consistent application of sanctions for failure to comply with privacy policies for all individuals in the practice/organization's workforce, extended workforce, and for all business associates, in cooperation with his/her immediate supervisor, Human Resources, the information security officer and legal counsel, as applicable.
• Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to foster information privacy awareness within the organization and related entities.
• Reviews all system-related information security plans throughout the practice / organization's network to ensure alignment between security and privacy practices, and acts as a liaison to the information systems department, if applicable.
• Works with all practice/organization personnel involved with any aspect of release of protected health information, to ensure full coordination and cooperation under the practice/organization's policies and procedures and legal requirements
• Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws and accreditation standards, and monitors advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
• Knowledge and experience in information privacy laws, access, release of information, and release control technologies.
• Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication, and presentation skills.
• Capability to learn new cloud technologies
• Comfortable being a self-starter, remote employee
• 5% travel
• Comfortable with delivering presentations via web conferencing, in-person, and/or facilitated online training
Assists in executing security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
Assists in researching attempted efforts to compromise security protocols.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis, and problem solving. Ability to travel as necessary. Preferred 2 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.