The Oracle Cloud Security organization is tasked with providing expert security knowledge and operational assessment of the various cloud systems. This includes security policy/standards definition, operation/monitoring of security infrastructure in the cloud, regulatory compliance, and security testing for various systems that comprise the cloud environment.
This is a technical security engineering and operations role within Oracle cloud delivery. Focus will be on the installation and maintenance of security infrastructure and performing information security related tasks. Candidate should have knowledge in information security, advanced systems administration and a thorough understanding of operating system and network device administration.
This is primarily an operational role responsible for build, maintenance and support of supplemental security systems such as: vpn, core networking, proxy, packet aggregation, netflow, monitoring and performance management. Should have an understanding of TCP/IP protocols, networking and firewalling concepts. Beyond network and appliance device management, a good understanding of both Linux and Windows operating system functionality, scripting and patching is important.
Role will work as part of a team of dedicated resources working on 'High Velocity' projects for various cloud product offerings. This includes managing security operating policies, procedures and other documentation. Will assist with compliance of internal and external audits. Participating in multiple time sensitive projects and communication with other internal security staff will be key as well as the ability to collaborate with cross functional teams.
Ideally, candidate will have experience in Internet facing systems management and assessing cross-platform potential infrastructural security vulnerabilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
• Experienced technical professional of current network hardware and standards
• Working technical knowledge of various OS shell scripting languages
• Expected to design, install, configure and maintain applications and hardware in a highly available and scalable environment
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining OS services and networking
• Specific knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008-2012 R2 platforms
• Specific knowledge of Oracle, RedHat and CentOS platforms
• Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols, firewall management, and database administration
• Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience
Required Personal Attributes
• Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
• Prior experience in mission-critical support role
• Experience with Windows, Oracle Linux
• Experience with virtualization frameworks such as VirtualBox, KVM, and/or XEN
• Experience with various security appliances such as ids, proxy, taps, siem
• Shift schedule may require office work outside of standard business hours
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Travel for extended periods of time each month, approximately 2 weeks/month
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (50 lbs), such as servers and peripherals
Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Maintains security systems for routers and switches. Administers security policies to control access to systems. Maintains the company's firewall. Uses applicable encryption methods. Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Prefer 8 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.