Security Operations Center (SOC). This hands-on operational role supports real-time security event analysis to provide information security and assurance by leveraging SIEM technology and other security platforms. Role will primarily monitor, assess, triage IT security events, anomalies and/or trends in threat landscape using internal and external logging and monitoring sources. Analysts evaluate the type and severity of security events by making use of packet analyses, log analysis, troubleshooting and understanding of exploits and vulnerabilities. Validate issues and take the appropriate corrective action, or follow the appropriate escalation procedures.Top 3: Network or IT Security experienceInterest in pursuing a career in IT Security, this will be addressed in the interview.Communicates effectively and interpersonal skills.Business Challenge
: The SOC is responsible for identifying and working to stop all malicious activity and Security events that come through the Security tools.Shift:
SHIFT: WEEKEND DAYS - Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays 8am - 8pm STANDARD HOURS - 36 per weekRequirements:
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of packet analysis and networking
- Familiarity with incident response lifecycle
- Ability to be part of on-call rotation
- Previous Information Security experience
- Analytical and detail oriented - individuals must have passion and initiative
- Independent-thinker and self-starter, who still can work well within team environment
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
- Understanding or experience with Security Event Information Management tools
- Understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, FTP, NetBIOS, and other protocols.
- Understanding of log analysis tools (Log Logic, Splunk, or similar)
- Understanding of Linux, UNIX, Windows, and mobile operating systems
- Understanding of basic network services, vulnerabilities and attacks
- Understanding of exploits and vulnerabilities
- Understanding of malware and eradication
- Understanding of programming and shell scripting
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.