What you’ll be doing...
The IT Security Architect will be responsible for architecture and security technology evaluations/recommendations to the business specifically focused on application development and cloud technologies. They will work in conjunction with lead security architects to evaluate, plan and develop enterprise security technology and security architecture strategy.
They will be responsible for helping to define best practices, writing policy/standards and driving adoption of new application and cloud architectural designs. This candidate will deliver cloud architectural guidance and conduct regular security consultancies for the business. The candidate will also regularly collaborate with the business and the wider security organization to address cloud security and compliance challenges and engage in a wide variety of cloud security-related projects and initiatives.
- Conducts business level security architecture assessments to evaluate Verizon's existing security program and cloud application architecture, identify weaknesses and make recommendations.
- Assess security threats and risks in order to define and implement appropriate architectural security.
- Develops security architecture standards, frameworks and design patterns spanning all layers of security from host, server, mobile, and network to application and data security.
- Architects, designs, prioritizes, coordinates, and communicates the security technologies necessary to ensure a highly secure yet usable computing environment.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of security technology solutions such as firewalls, load balancers, encryption technologies, F5 WAF, Jenkins, Ansible, Fortify, AD, LDAP, Siteminder, Splunk, and secure use of common public cloud offerings such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Analyzes business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks, and recommends technologies and solutions to mitigate them.
- Stays current with security technologies such as cloud platform security, dev-ops security, identity and access products, endpoint security products, network security technology and mobile security technologies and makes recommendations for users based on business value.
- Works closely with other technology architects to ensure that security is properly represented in their technology domains and to ensure consistency and compatibility among I/S strategies and standards.
- Develops security architecture plans that align to enterprise architecture strategy and the company’s business strategy.
- Suggests changes to system design choices in light of corporate security policy considerations and industry best security practices.
- Monitors new developments in vulnerabilities and risks in IT security technology, as well as interpret and apply those to corporate IT systems.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in IT security architecture, compliance and risk management.
Even better if you have:
- CISSP, CISM, GSEC or AWS Certified Architect.
- 3+ years of experience with standard LAN/WAN/Cloud technologies.
- 3+ years of experience with security including architecture or security management, user, platform and device authentication, and various levels of access controls and authorization, enterprise directories and their integration with other systems in a large, complex environment.
- Experience with enterprise class security products such as Identity Management, Web Access Management and Single Sign On.
- Expertise in application development and dev-ops security technologies and integration such as code scanning, vulnerability analysis, and security for automated deployments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure security, including windows, Unix/Linux, desktop/laptop, and mobile security, as well as knowledge on cryptography and PKI.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Experience with a wide range of IT system components including architecture, authentication, connectivity, system hardware and software components, virtualization, cloud computing, and mobile.
- Ability to manage relationships with other business units, external vendors and stakeholders when IT security risks are present and system or process changes must be made to mitigate risk.
- Working knowledge of IT process modeling to determine risk to corporate systems.
- Working knowledge of application security, including Web Services and SOA, as well as Agile and DevOps, Mobile security and mobile development.
- Proven understanding of security for structured databases and unstructured data, such as access controls, encryption, monitoring and others.
- Experience within the transformation of traditional data center security measures into industry adopted cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services, Azure, etc.
- Proven ability to work with compliance frameworks and requirements such as PCI, HIPAA, SOX etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge on threat landscape, security threat and vulnerability management, and security monitoring and analytics.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.