At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an IT Security Digital Forensic Analyst to join the IT Security, Risk & Compliance Team, with the position located in Maplewood, MinnesotaJob Summary
The person hired for the position of IT Security Digital Forensic Analyst will maintain the tools, software, systems and processes used for performing digital forensics, ensuring optimal functionality and accurate results from 3M's forensic suite of tools. They will also automate many of the repeatable processes by creating and managing Python scripts to enhance the time from artifact acquisition to delivery of results.
The IT Security Digital Forensic Analyst will also be assigned to various projects related to information security and digital forensics; work heavily with a team of "Digital Forensic Specialists" and learn forensic methodologies for performing digital forensic investigations to include: evidence handling/chain of custody; wiping and imaging various media; acquiring data remotely in a forensically sound manner; analyzing output from various technologies in order to effectively investigate internal security matters; and deliver clear understandably written reports to the staff of in-house investigators.
The ideal candidate will use critical thinking skills and reasoning to ascertain the legitimacy of an accusation, and ascertain the ongoing potential risk and exposure to the greater 3M environment. This hands-on position requires skills in the use of various forensic tools including but not limited to: Guidance Software EnCase; F-Response; Magnet Forensic Axiom; Cellebrite UFED; Tableau Write-Blockers; Forensic Recovery of Evidence Systems; SIFT, and Mac OS forensics. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the IT forensic systems are secured and patched to 3M standards
- Maintain software and firmware versions of our forensic tools and act as a liaison between 3M and forensic vendors to ensure a highly functioning digital forensics lab
- Create Python scripts to enhance forensic capabilities
- Conduct highly-confidential internal investigations into violations of Acceptable Use Policies and other activities counter to the success of 3M Company
- Utilize technology and tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery
- Assume ownership of assigned investigation matters and coordinate activities with Global Security or Legal groups in support of investigations
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate process and procedure documents within Digital Forensics, to various Cyber Incident, Business and IT groups in support of investigations
- Manage issues resulting from a security incident or employee malfeasance investigation in accordance with company policies and forensic lab best practices, and work collaboratively with technical and business leads
- Investigate and respond to network and/or computer intrusions and data theft: information security, computer forensics, data analysis, and system administration of Microsoft Windows, MacOS and Unix/Linux operating systems
- Ability to travel on short notice.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in Information Technology (IT)
- Experience in IT Security
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology field from an accredited university.
- Five or more (5+) years of IT experience
- Experience automating repeatable task using python programming
- Experience working with Computer Forensic Tools
- Guidance Software EnCase Certification (EnCE) or IACIS (CFCE) Certification
- Ability to perform roles of evidence custodian, evidence collector, evidence imager, and evidence examiner
- Ability to create ongoing process documentation for different investigation focuses as technology changes
- Demonstrated leadership and impeccable interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team
- Project leadership skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solving skills and an analytical mindset
May include up to 10% travelRelocation Benefits:
Are not authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.