Devices, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is
recruiting for a IT Senior Manager, Portfolio and Project Management.
This position can be located in Somerville, NJ , West Chester, PA, or Raynham, MA and reports to the VP, Medical
the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson
& Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing
innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of
people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with
partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day,
throughout the world.
Devices represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who
plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical
products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the MD
organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and
delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the
healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology,
minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory
testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
substantial investment committed to building technology platforms and enabling
Medical Device R&D to innovate effectively, the company seeks a seasoned leader
to support the R&D-IT leadership team to effectively manage the group’s portfolio
and also serve as a technical project manager. An ideal candidate will have deep
expertise in PMx and managing project managers and will be able to track
execution of multiple projects and have a PMP certification.
An ideal candidate
will assemble, analyze and help develop meaningful portfolio composition, collaborate
with project managers to ensure project execution trends follow plans, build
resource allocation models and effectively communicate and share reports to
The incumbent leader
must have delivered projects that are multi-year in nature and possess an ability
to balance immediate term and long-term goals. Tech savvy and process driven,
this leader has to be extremely comfortable in a new environment, leverage
experience to anticipate challenges and ready to respond with agility.
- Work closely with Product Line Owners, Business
Technology Leaders, Data Infrastructure Lead and Innovation teams to help drive
specific project/s as a technical project manager.
- Prepare and conduct R&D-IT portfolio
analysis; help other project managers build exceptional organizational project
- As part of IT-R&D leadership team, provide
advocacy at Enterprise IT leverage opportunities.
- Adheres to quality
system and environmental policies, procedures, and supports department compliance
- As a PMP Certified
leader and well versed in PMx tool this candidate should have managed project
managers in planning and executing a portfolio of projects for R&D IT
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of sciences, engineering
• MBA Preferred
• 8+ years in IT with exemplary record of leading and delivering complex technology platforms
• PMP certification, PMx expertise, Agile methodology, GxP compliance required
• Industry experience in Medical Devices or Pharmaceuticals is preferred
• Deep understanding of SDLC Preferred
• Strong knowledge of core technical platforms including product lifecycle maintenance, considerable knowledge of healthcare, business theory, processes, management, budgeting and business office operations preferred
• Experience with running agile project teams preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, exceptional service orientation, strong negotiating skills
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOther Locations
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-Massachusetts-RaynhamOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.