Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
The IT Senior Technical Analyst - Resiliency Planning is responsible for providing recovery solutions and processes that ensure availability of all critical IT systems in the event of a disaster. These responsibilities include but are not limited to conceptualizing, testing and validation of recovery solutions, designing solutions, processes and architecture documents and validating the architecture against requirements and assumptions. The IT Senior Technical Analyst - Resiliency Planning is accountable for bridging the gaps between business, information and technology and the delivery of solutions that provide system recoverability in a cost effective manner.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintain Aramark's IT disaster recovery/systems continuity program to strengthen the organization's ability to resume business operations following an adverse event.
• Participate in disaster recovery strategy development and implementation to align with business recovery requirements.
• Participate in coordinating and executing disaster recovery exercises.
• Work with IT groups to test failover of redundant equipment in global data centers.
• Coordinate exercise and recovery site requirements with recovery site vendors.
• Partner with Information Security to ensure all DR processes and procedures meet compliance criteria for PCI, HIPPA and PII regulations
• Develop application recovery requirements with IT owners.
• Coordinate the development, maintenance and exercise testing of the organization's IT business critical disaster recovery plans.
• Participate in disaster recovery exercises and in any actual disaster recovery effort.
• Develop exercise executive summary and a detailed report.
• Conduct post-exercise lessons learned meetings.
• Identify and develop plans for resolution of issues and track to resolution.
• Consult and assist with development of recovery solutions.
• Coordinate, develop, and implement Disaster Recovery process improvements.
• Maintain recovery site contracts.
• Coordinate the shipment and removal of Aramark owned equipment at the recovery site.
• Maintain detailed documentation of all DR equipment at the recovery sites.
• Develop and maintain IT Disaster Recovery and department Business Continuity Plan and Business Impact Analysis.
• Act as the liaison for coordination of all IT Business Continuity Plans and Business Impact Analysis.
• Perform Disaster Recovery plan quarterly audits.
• Support projects and design Disaster Recovery solutions globally.
• Maintain Disaster Recovery policies, procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Perform third party critical vendor Disaster Recovery assessments.
Qualifications: • 5 or more years of experience in progressive, broad applied Disaster Recovery and/or Business Continuity or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
• Working knowledge of all areas of the organization and the ability to develop a clear understanding of the company's key functional processes and resources
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies as well as the methods used in performing risk analysis and business impact analysis
• Working knowledge of technology platforms and capabilities (mainframe, open systems, network, etc.)
• Experience developing solution designs
• Excellent Project Management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
• Efficient in developing and maintaining documents, both summary and detailed
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
• Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.