At an entry level, provides resolution to basic computer hardware and software problems based on documented processes and procedures. Escalates problems to higher level technical support professionals when necessary and recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. May interact with other IT teams to resolve issues. Develops technical skill. This position develops competence by performing structured work assignments and receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Responds to a high volume of calls and interactions with employees. Functions as tier 1 support for end-user computing service requests reported to the Information Technology (IT) Service Desk.
- Performs basic troubleshooting and restores routine technical service and equipment problems by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures.
- Logs calls, problem information and actions into an incident tracking systems.
- Maintains knowledge database and call tracking database to enhance quality and efficiency of incident and problem management.
- Keeps abreast of innovations and changes to systems to ensure having the appropriate tools and training to provide quality support.
- Works in a team setting, sharing information and assisting others with calls
- Processes requests to grant and revoke access to software applications. Maintains user ID's on LAN or enterprise applications according to appropriate security policies and procedures. Troubleshoots basic LAN and enterprise user ID and access issues by analyzing the problem, developing and implementing appropriate solutions.
1 oror more years experience in performing basic to moderately complex hardware and software support using problem solving/troubleshooting skills.