Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
Unique opportunity to have a major impact at a unique time in the history of Symantec. We are looking for a rare blend of domain expertise within the ITIL/ITSM space (preferably with some solid ServiceNow experience) combined with some Seasoned IT Leadership chops with a strong dash of passion for effecting positive change!
The IT Service Management team is looking for motivated individuals who want to apply their planning & operations excellence skills in a dynamic and fast paced technology environment. ITLeader-ServiceManagementOffice
This role manages a team of onshore and offshore internal process owners, business analysts, QA, curriculm developer, ServiceNow developers and asset and configuration specialists.Primary
• Manage and maintain the ITSM program and continue to expand the ITSM platform.
• Engage with cross-functional teams to prioritize and integrate process development and maturation, ensuring that the right talent is engaged and utilized at the appropriate level in order to achieve successful service delivery outcomes.
• Lead, facilitate and educate service owners on continuous improvement opportunities.
• Accountable for ITSM Tool (ServiceNow) governance, strategic planning / road mapping and maintenance and support functions.
• Responsible for Service Measurement & Continuous Improvement including: Cost per use and TCO, Performance to SLAs, Service Reviews and Benchmarking.
• Drive service delivery operations, including: role development and resource planning, budget and cost analysis, partner and vendor negotiations
• Responsible for service offering prioritization & roadmap, including: new capabilities and enhancements and develop roadmap to drive service maturity.
• Ensure that the CMDB is managed an maintained with the highest degree of accuracy, and ensure that audits are performed on a regular basis.
• Accountable for the quality of service metric reporting by the team and other service owners and sharing metrics with other IT and business managers to improve these metrics.
• Conduct root cause analysis/post mortem meetings and facilitates the problem management process for lessons learned and preventive reoccurrence.
• Manage and drive the change management process to ensure operational stability at all times. This includes tracking and reporting of release/maintenance window preparedness as well as post change results, impacts and trends.
• Integrate reports, key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics packages and related information for IT leadership and senior management.
• Responsible for data retrieval, analysis and the generation of future service delivery metric reports to support industry service quality and cost benchmarking.
• Develops a high performing internal IT team that executes well and provide thought leadership in the ITSM arena.
• 10 -20 years experience in increasing levels of responsibility managing applications development / delivery, process improvement for a company that drives part/all of their growth strategy through acquisition.
• 10+ years of experience managing complex projects.
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundation and advanced certifications required.
• Project Management certification (Preferred).
• Demonstrated strong service management experience/knowledge in implementing and managing key ITIL framework areas
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or business. MBA or Masters in Information Technology (Preferred)
• Ability to shape a strategic vision, drive execution and lead change.
• Positive influencing skills both verbally and through the preparation of written materials in order to build relationships, influence and negotiate.
• Ability to deliver presentations to executive leadership.
• Outstanding leadership and motivational skills to ensure that technology solutions continuously meet the evolving needs of the business.
• Demonstrated ability to build bench strength and to delegate authority.
• Motivated by the long term. Results driven, ensuring short-term goals are achieved that support long-term initiatives
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.