Virtual Platform Services and Solutions (VPSS) formerly CSS Labs is looking for an individual that is passionate about datacenter technologies and how it can make a positive impact on customers and Microsoft. As part of this team you get to participate in managing the largest Private Cloud environment running on Microsoft technologies hosting over 60K VM’s supporting 12,000 users. We are looking for a self-starter with entrepreneurial drive. If you possess in-depth knowledge of Windows Clustering, System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) and Hyper-V and enjoy the challenges of working in a datacenter type environment this is a job for you. Qualified candidates will have hands on experience with large-scale clusters (16 nodes or higher), enterprise scale SCVMM private clouds and be responsible for maintaining daily operations of the environments. In addition, the individual needs to have strong communications skills, a keen sense of urgency around service availability and be able to work across globally distributed groups.
• Provide strategic technical guidance to meet availability and uptime requirements for services.
• Drive day to day operations ensuring customer service is not impacted.
• Demonstrated the ability to ensure consistent and proper communications, process, procedures, and documentation.
• Grow the technical skillset of his/her peers through peer mentoring, coaching, training, etc.
• Drive process improvement within the team.
• Effectively participate with resources across multiple sites supporting the environments.
• High level knowledge and proficiency in managing and delivering high profile projects.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
• 3+ years of development or operations experience
• Ability to provide root cause analysis of a problem and next steps to resolution.
• Expert level knowledge of Windows Clustering.
• Expert level knowledge Microsoft Hyper-V & System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
• Strong Active Directory Federation and or Azure AD experience.
• Strong HNV or SDN experience.
• Experiences with SAN storage using Fiber, iSCSI or Infiniband connectivity (EMC, NetApp, Compellent).
• Solid server hardware background including ability to rapidly diagnose and troubleshoot hardware problems and/or failures with emphasis on up time of a production environment.
• Ability to read and write PowerShell scripts.
• Experience with C#, HTML5, Angular, Java Script.
• Ability to architect and design functional infrastructure to support business requirements and capacity management.
• In depth Enterprise, level networking knowledge, including diagnostic of domain level issues.
• Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills.
• Overall clear understanding of Operations and Change Management Procedures.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field is required.
The following are optional skills that will be helpful:
• Cisco Certification
• ITIL v3 Certification
• Microsoft Certification(s)
• Azure VM creation and management
• A good understanding of SQL server 2012 or higher
• Deployment technologies such as RIS, WDS & MDT
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.