• Bachelor's degree
* Knowledge of technical aspects in Business Analytics
• Knowledge in some of the application & development platform used for the BI Solution landscape. Tool sets like Qlikview, Cognos, Teradata/Oracle RDBMS, Ascential ETL/Informatica.
• Knowledge of business processes supported and the interfaces to other systems
• Fully understand & ensures compliance with IT guidelines for system development, implementation and system security
• Analytical and Service Improvement Techniques
• Knowledge of Consumer Healthcare and ITIL Support Processes
• Experience in application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of Incident, Problem, Change Management and Service Transition
• Awareness of the Enterprise Architecture & how it adds value to GSK
• Experience of designing, developing or supporting multi-tier systems using industry and GSK standard architectural methodologies
• Awareness of systems/software development methodologies & ability to select appropriate one to meet objectives
• Ability to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly
• Good Analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication and influencing skills, sufficient to build and maintain trust during times of service outage.
• Ability to provide out-of-hours support if required and pro-actively monitor operations during out-of-office hours and intervene if monitoring reveals issues
• Ability to support global applications and travel if necessary
• Support a platform, application portfolio for internal and external information solutions for the Consumer businesses worldwide
• 2nd /3rd Level Support as per defined Service Structure
• Embraces & fosters challenges & opportunities for innovation
• Ability to multi task, manage and handle multiple service projects simultaneously and to the schedule
• Provide technical management of the service within the guidelines defined by the Technical Lead / Service Owner
• Ensure working relationship and close coordination with offshore/outsourced project, support staff and other stakeholders
• Understanding and experience of ITIL based service management practices. Foundation Level Certification.
• Knowledge and experience working with Six Sigma/Lean Sigma processes and tools.
• Knowledge of business units supported and general pharmaceutical awareness.
• Experience working with offshore service providers
• Experience integrating and supporting Software as a Service (SaaS) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a service (PaaS) solutions.
With the creation of the Consumer Healthcare Joint Venture, we have created a new dedicated Consumer Healthcare IT team focused on meeting the ambition of the new joint venture. One of the key priorities for Consumer Healthcare is to be world leaders in Commercial Operations and Analytics.
This role sits in the Commercial Operations and Analytics IT team. The team provides business partnering, strategy, delivery and support into the Analytics, Finance and broader commercial teams. This includes the solutions to support the following business process areas Trade Promotions Management, eCommerce, Product Content Management, Distributor Management, Analytics and Collaboration within the Consumer Healthcare business.
As an IT Service Specialist you will own the performance, operations and continuous improvement of an application or group of applications within a portfolio and manage the full lifecycle while in production. An ongoing commitment to improve the user experience, lower the cost of ownership and balancing risk is required for each application. This requires a balance of business process understanding and technical breadth. The role has increased complexity of geographies, user bases (internal and external to GSK) and a large mix of technology and business process understanding. This complexity of skills is very difficult to source and develop. The role interfaces with senior stakeholders within IT and the business, and so a strong communication style is required.
1. Ensures continuity of business execution through ensuring production applications are:
a. Fit for purpose (eg easy to use and reliable) and support the evolving business processes
b. Are cost effective - Total cost of ownership is at an optimal level
c. Meets an agreed Risk Profile (eg aging of technologies, controlled regarding regulated applications, aligned with business continuity).
2. Provides the linkage of technology and business process understanding to quickly restore service, including the creation of simple and creative workarounds, as necessary to support 1 business process/service and associated applications (~5 applications), supporting small to medium sized user populations(5-100), across 1-2 geographies).
3. Participates in troubleshooting in applications across multiple technology domains and business areas.
4. Ensures accurate and easy processes are followed to ensure ongoing continuity of knowledge including:
a. Application dependencies (across applications, hardware)
b. How applications support the business process
c. Service Designs and commitments, including how well the applications perform against the service designs
d. Recommends improvements to these processes to simplify approach across all of Application Services.
5. Participates in continuous improvements that improve end-user experience, reduce risk and/or lower the cost of ownership of the overall business process/service on an ongoing basis.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.