A Solutions Analyst is an information technology professional who designs systems, applications and user interfaces for a solution that supports a specific business process. A Solutions Analyst works closely with our external customers and operations (internal and external) to identify process and system improvement opportunities and documents business and technical requirements. This role will assist with implementation and training of the solution which ensures business and technical process compliance. These professionals have a wide range of technical and business knowledge rather than focusing their skills in a specific area of information technology
- Solutions Analyst is responsible for understand the internal and external customer needs.
- Understand technologies, and business process analysis, and how to apply the technologies to support the business process requirements.
- Facilitates systems integration and leads design and issue resolution.
- Effectively communicate customer requirements and work with IT to develop solutions and determine system impact
- Performs system and network analysis, analysis and planning to implement the solution within financial budget guidelines
- Acts as the overall architect to ensure the various cross-functional elements of the solution work together
- Presents and translates the design to customers to ensure the design will meet the customer's requirements
- Solution architect translates the requirements to internal development resources
- Acts as a technical expert and often provides guidance and makes decisions on changes required throughout the design process
- May also do some of the development along with the other developers
- Strong analytical, business process design, and industry knowledge
- Review and analyzes current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives or the organization or customer
- Includes working with all departments within our organization to assist in the improvement of business processes, testing systems to ensure functionality is satisfactory and
recommending new systems or product upgrades.
- Provide accurate cost and time estimates for projects of all sizes
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration required.
- 7-10 years of Solutions Design experience
- 3-5 years of project management experience (including large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
- Prior consulting and business solution experiences
- Should have a general understanding of business processes and trends.
- Working knowledge of business specific applications preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.