Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Key Responsibilities
- Evaluate alternative technologies and architectures in relation to AMAT Enterprise network infrastructure needs.
- Interface with management and vendors to develop and implement new
- solutions to meet business requirements.
- Design and manage the rollout of critical network infrastructures
- Communications' products and services, on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level.
- Perform analytical, technical, cost analysis and CAPEX development work in in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of AMAT core data networks.
- Ensure that network infrastructure is fully documented and performing as required for internal and customer SLA guarantees and expectations by means of specific metrics and measurements.
- Provide technical expertise to Business groups to develop new solutions and strategies to enhance the overall experience.
- Ability to effectively convey ideas through oral and written communications, ability to work in a group or independently, detail oriented, ability to effectively listen to and resolve customer issues, ability to translate operational requirements into technical requirements, plan and manage engineering design tasks through participation of with extended teams.
- Escalation contact for all network related outages/critical issues across the globe.
- To act as engineering escalation contact and work closely with operations team on transition services from Engg to sustaining operations
- Bachelor's Degree
- CCIE/CCNP/CCDP certification preferred.
- Requires specialized depth of expertise in networking. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Superior knowledge, skills and experience with Cisco switching/routing hardware, software, protocols, Aruba Products, Riverbed, Palo Alto firewalls and advanced network solutions etc.
- Excellent Knowledge & experience in networking technologies such as Ethernet, ATM, MPLS, OSPF, IPsec, VLANs, HSRP, PPP, EIGRP, BGP, QoS, Multicast, ACLs, VPNs,
- Experience in using network management tools for performance, tuning, troubleshooting and capacity planning.
- Working Knowledge on Security technologies and concepts.
- Knowledge on Voice infrastructure including IP Telephony, Telepresence & traditional PABXs.
- Knowledge on scripting tools and exposure on deploying automation tool sets for network & security domain
- Proven Design/ Engineering excellence & expertise on LAN, WAN, Wireless, WAN Optimization/Firewalls/Remote Access /Advanced Networking Technologies viz SD WAN/Cloud migrations with at least 8-10 years of relevant experience in networking and security technologies.
- The individual must be an independent, conﬁdent, persistent and results-oriented individual - not an order-taker but rather one who contributes ideas and opinions to ensure sound solutions are implemented.
- Ability to work alone as an individual contributor, as a technical lead and as a key participant in collaboration across global teams
- Able to deal with ambiguity and work independently with minimal supervision/guidance.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills i.e. able to juggle several projects concurrently.
- Excellent English communication and inﬂuencing skills.
Solid oral and written communications, problem solving, commitment to task, ability to lead and inﬂuence change.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.