At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Pretty much, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
This position will provide expertise in IT Sarbanes-Oxley ("SOX") compliance and provide support to Vivint Solar in the areas of IT SOX control definition and testing and compliance guidelines. Primary responsibilities include design of IT SOX controls; guidance and monitoring of SOX testing activities; involvement in IT SOX testing cycles; coordination of IT SOX external audits and reporting and tracking of IT SOX deficiencies and remediation plans.
You'll make a difference by...
- Assist senior management in defining the control objectives and monitoring compliance efforts
- Coordinating external audits to facilitate the process of gathering any requested information and/or documentation
- Analyzing issues or deficiencies found during testing
- Ensuring that issues and findings across all compliance related activities are documented and tracked within a single repository
- Being involved in the corrective actions for noted issues by either facilitation of discussions, or by being directly involved in the remediation process
- Working with the appropriate person or team to document the planned remediation steps and estimated completion date
- Plan and execute internal testing cycles for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Gathering and organizing documentation and evidence to support Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Manage the PCI compliance process
- Collaborates with the technology teams to drive remediation of security risks identified by internal and external audits
- Participate in new product development, system initiatives and other projects to ensure potential compliance related issues are adequately addressed. Make recommendations to adjust monitoring and testing plans if appropriate
- Working both independently and across teams, or across entities, to collect or distribute important information on processes, procedures, guidelines, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on key internal controls, procedures and workflows
You'll do that with your...
- Working knowledge and understanding of IT SOX compliance, including the creation and governance of IT general controls
- Hands-on experience with IT control testing, including the development of remediation activities or steps
- Ability to work under pressure in a challenging setting
- Demonstrated ability in the delivery of time sensitive objectives
- Proven ability to prioritize work load, work effectively on concurrent tasks, and can meet project deadlines
- Proven ability to facilitate meetings or discussions with internal and external personnel to determine action items and completion dates
- Experience in Information Services including knowledge of auditing principles, auditing standards, and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Ability to manipulate and summarize large datasets
- Experience conducting, or providing evidence for audits
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes
- Strong technical and analytic aptitude
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Bachelor's degree in computer Science, Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience in the IT or Compliance field
- Minimum of 3 year experience preparing and maintaining SOX/Change Management documentation
- Minimum of 5 years in IT
- Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Familiarity with current IT Risk Management frameworks, such as AICPA Trust Services Principles or ISO 27001
- Proficient in IT Project Life Cycle Management
- Knowledge of DevOps and Agile SDLCs is an advantage
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), or other relevant certification, optional but preferred
- Programming experience is preferred
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.