Global Command Center - Monitoring and Data Center Operations. Company Overview
Symantec Corporation is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
Organizations across the world look to Symantec for strategic, integrated solutions to defend against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, cloud and infrastructure. Likewise, a global community of more than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec's Norton suite of products for protection at home and across all of their devices. Symantec operates one of the world's largest civilian cyber intelligence networks, allowing it to see and protect against the most advanced threats.
The Network & Infrastructure Services IT department (NIS) is responsible for designing, deploying and operating the compute, storage, and network infrastructure in Symantec's data centers, and IT Service Management software to manage delivery of exceptional customer experiences.
Role: Associate IT infrastructure Specialist within the Global Command Center, Monitoring and Datacenter Operations
Ideal candidate will have experience in executing both Event Management, Major Incident Management (ITIL) and Enterprise Monitoring Operations- IT applications and infrastructure
- Event monitoring - application and infrastructure using enterprise monitoring tools
- First responder for critical/urgent alerts and events that are triggered
- L1 triage/validation of all events/alerts received within the Global Command Center
- Uphold integrity of all internal processes (incident management, major incident management, problem management, change management, etc.)
- Bridge/Teleconference management (including but not limited to): overseeing all high priority and critical incidents through restoration, identifying technical teams needed for restoration of service, accurate/timely/appropriate communications, meeting and exceeding SLA
- Set up Monitoring for the network, infrastructure and applications with the tools provided
- Monitor the network and infrastructure for the enterprise
- Able to use the tools provided to triage and escalate critical and major issues within the environment
- Ability to understand the current tool set, as well as recommend tools that will enhance our ability to better monitor the environment
- Degree/diploma in Information Systems or related industry with documented experience.
- BA or BS in technical field or commensurate experience
- 2-3+ years' experience in an enterprise environment
- One or more relevant certifications ITIL, BICSI, Comp TIA, CCNA
- Operating systems (Windows desktop and servers, IOS, Linux )
- Understanding of OSI model, TCP/IP networking components, DNS, Active Directory and LDAP
- Advanced trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent analytic, organization and facilitation skills; not limited to questioning skills, call control, professionalism, and multitasking
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Candidate should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- API Integration Skills.
- Python Script Programming Skills are good to have.
- Working knowledge of Practical Extraction and Report Language (PERL) scripting.
- Experience in technical writing.
- Familiarity with EM7 Science Logic monitoring and management software is a plus.
** Note ** The qualified candidate for this position can/will be required to work in 24x7 rotational shifts.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.