At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an IT Supervisor for the North American IT Manufacturing team located in Valley, NE. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of IT Supervisor
will lead IT projects, manage IT priorities and supervise local IT resources for the Valley, NE site. Provide Plant IT leadership for the deployment of strategic solutions including site Business Transformation and ERP deployment. Provide coordination between the manufacturing site and IT management to align IT projects and resources in support of lean implementation and other critical plant initiatives. Ensure close alignment of the Process Systems Integration activities. Work with other Business IT and Corporate IT teams as needed to manage various IT business projects and their dependencies. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing the IT portfolio keeping it current, moving to common solutions and retiring unique solutions wherever possible. Ensure projects progress toward targeted goals and deadlines
- Project Leadership of priority projects
- Manage the plant IT Service Continuity Plan
- Communicate IT strategies to the plant leadership team. Manage IT priorities for the plant aligned to the business objectives and IT.
- Supervision of local IT resources
- Serve as the plant IT lead for all IT system upgrades or installs including deployment of ERP
- Active engagement in site Lean efforts
- Provide local support for plant applications
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in IT or Supply Chain
- Minimum of three or more (3+) years prior supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills in supervising people, teams and/or projects including direction of others and allocation of resources. Possesses understanding of team dynamics and how to resolve conflict.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, problem solving, time management, and project planning skills are required to perform the duties in this position.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Self-motivated individual who communicates and influences with credibility and confidence; strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail. Ability to maintain working relationships from a distance.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles for driving continuous improvement.
- Hands-on IT experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with IMES
- Experience with ERP deployment
- Process systems integration experience
- Minimum of three or more (3+) years project management experience
: Valley, NebraskaTravel:
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation Benefits:
Are not authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.