PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to provide second level support to resolve problems with products and applications and perform tracking and documentation by entering details of problems, status of service requests, and resolutions into the company tracking system. This includes responsibility for performing the setup and maintenance of computer systems by installing and/or upgrading hardware and software. The Support Analyst interacts with third party hardware and/or software vendors by initiating and supporting vendor services as necessary.
• Provides second level support to resolve problems with products and applications by meeting customer service standards (i.e., displaying a positive attitude, actively listening, taking ownership, leveraging knowledge, communicating clearly)
• Attempts to resolve and escalating problems as necessary to appropriate resource (e.g., support team, vendor)
• Identifies recurring problems and escalates to senior staff for prioritization
• Performs tracking and documentation by entering details of problems, status of service requests, and resolutions into the company tracking system
• Monitors resolution of problems to achieve closure
• Performs the setup and maintenance of computer systems by installing and/or upgrading hardware and software
• Performs system backups and ensures integrity of backup media and peripherals
• Interacts with third party hardware and/or software vendors by initiating and supporting vendor services as necessary
• Coordinates meetings with multiple vendors to resolve service failures or issues
Associate's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
2+ in IT experience in a support or operations environment working with PC or client/server platforms and/or hardware
H.S. Diploma with 3+ years of c omparable experience without a degree
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
2+ years of IT experience in the retail industry
2+ years of e xperience writing technical documentation or standard operating procedures related to IT technical support or deployment
2+ years of e xperience working in a large matrixed organization (Lowe's Operations experience preferred)
2+ years of e xperience working with third party IT vendors and/or software/hardware suppliers
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.