Knolls 5 (12022), United States of America, Glen Allen, Virginia
IT Support Engineer
The POWERUP Site IT SupportEngineer provides remote and onsite support of all information technology equipment in back office locations for our internal knowledge workers.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain computer systems, printers, and other peripheral equipment.
- Provide first level support of all network (Access Points, Routers, and Switches), servers, and VoIP telecommunication equipment within Retail locations.
- Coordinate support of all IT related activities and initiatives
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast paced and changing environment
- Lead and motivate a team of technicians
- Provide guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on complex problems and insure resolution
- Learn and support new technology quickly
- Provide all support of network Category 6, fiber optics, and telephone infrastructure cabling in retail locations.
- Troubleshoot telco circuit and pots lines demarcation points, providing loop back and line testing where needed.
- Deploy and maintain out of band management devices in back office locations, so that network equipment can be managed remotely.
- Maintain stand-alone UPS battery back-up equipment and the connections to the devices.
- Setup and maintain the server print queues at back office locations.
- Provide daily support of the Microsoft Windows and Apple OS X operations systems.
- Assist with the daily support of the appliance of Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, and Microsoft Configuration Manager to the PC level.
- Provide on premise support for projects and other support teams where needed.
- Support the automation of solutions for common problems and help find innovative ways to resolve issues.
- Candidate must:
- have strong communication and customer service skills
- be adaptable to a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Have advanced technical knowledge of laptop, tablet, and desktop hardware configuration, Microsoft Windows, MS Office Applications, Mobile device technology, Configuration Manager, and Active Director
- have exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills
- have excellent oral and written communication skills
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in technical environment
- At least 5 years of experience with troubleshooting hardware and software problems
- At least 3 years of experience with hardware and software installations
- At least 3 years of experience with OS X, including system image deployment, maintenance, software and system testing, and encryption and security tools (McAfee and File Vault)
- At least 3 years of experience with productivity tools running on Mac’s, including MS Office and Communicator.
- At least 2 years of experience supporting a Mac environment.
- At least 2 years of experience with platform management and integration (JAMF Casper Suite, SCCM)
- Bachelor’s Degree, or military experience
- CompTIA Certification AND A+ Certification AND Network + Certification
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft and 3+ years’ experience with Mac
- 3+ years’ experience with LAN equipment and 3+ years’ experience with WAN equipment
- 3+ years’ experience with remote PC support of users
- 3+ years’ experience with diagnostic/imaging tools
- 1+ years’ experience with mobile devices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.